When you do a Finder “Find” (Command+f), the search is performed on the titles and contents of files. But if you just want to search file names, you can type “name:” before the term, such as “name:vacation”. You can also just type the search term and click the “Name matches:” option that appears underneath.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Resizing and Positioning Green Screen Video In iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.