When you do a Finder “Find” (Command+f), the search is performed on the titles and contents of files. But if you just want to search file names, you can type “name:” before the term, such as “name:vacation”. You can also just type the search term and click the “Name matches:” option that appears underneath.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
- Mac Basics
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security
- Videos by Category
- Video Archive
- MacMost Online Courses
- Virus and Malware Information Center
- Protect Yourself From Online Scams
- A Graphical Guide To iCloud
- Free iPhone Ringtones
- Recommended Products
- Printable Mac Keyboard Shortcuts PDF
- macOS System Requirements List
Copyright © 2006-2022 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.