Instead of using keywords or titles to search for apps, you can use the file extension of the type of file you wish to handle. Search for “extension:abc” where abc is the extension. So to find an app that will open a Word .doc file, use “extension:doc” in the search field.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly NewsletterWant all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
All MacMost Shorts...
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
- Mac Basics
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security
- Videos by Category
- Video Archive
- MacMost Online Courses
- Virus and Malware Information Center
- Protect Yourself From Online Scams
- A Graphical Guide To iCloud
- Free iPhone Ringtones
- Recommended Products
- Printable Mac Keyboard Shortcuts PDF
- macOS System Requirements List
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security: Part 5, Security Questions
- Different Ways To Access Files On Your Mac Desktop
- Look Out For These Online Payment System Scams
- Viewing by Groups in the Mac Finder
- Hidden Mac Easter Eggs (2023)
- Understanding Numbers Column References
- Accessing Document History on Your Mac
- Techniques for Creating Letterhead Templates in Mac Pages
Copyright © 2006-2023 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.