If you are using an external display, you can see many more resolution options in System Preferences if you know how to reveal them. In System Preferences, Displays, Display, hold the option key and click the “Scaled” selection. This changes what is shown. Option+click it again to switch back. Depending on your screen you may also see a checkbox for Show low resolution modes for more options. On MacBooks and iMacs when you are using the built-in display, this doesn’t reveal anything, however.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Using Memoji Stickers And a Hidden Trick To Make Your Own
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.