If you are using an external display, you can see many more resolution options in System Preferences if you know how to reveal them. In System Preferences, Displays, Display, hold the option key and click the “Scaled” selection. This changes what is shown. Option+click it again to switch back. Depending on your screen you may also see a checkbox for Show low resolution modes for more options. On MacBooks and iMacs when you are using the built-in display, this doesn’t reveal anything, however.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions About AppleCare
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Login To Your Mac If Your Keyboard Isn't Working
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- Using Personal Automations To Play a Wake-Up Song, Podcast Or Playlist
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.