If you are using an external display, you can see many more resolution options in System Preferences if you know how to reveal them. In System Preferences, Displays, Display, hold the option key and click the “Scaled” selection. This changes what is shown. Option+click it again to switch back. Depending on your screen you may also see a checkbox for Show low resolution modes for more options. On MacBooks and iMacs when you are using the built-in display, this doesn’t reveal anything, however.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Free iPhone Ringtones Revisited
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.