If you are using an external display, you can see many more resolution options in System Preferences if you know how to reveal them. In System Preferences, Displays, Display, hold the option key and click the “Scaled” selection. This changes what is shown. Option+click it again to switch back. Depending on your screen you may also see a checkbox for Show low resolution modes for more options. On MacBooks and iMacs when you are using the built-in display, this doesn’t reveal anything, however.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Resizing and Positioning Green Screen Video In iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.