If you hold down the Option key and press the brightness keys (F1 and F2) it will bring up the System Preferences, Displays pane. You may need to hold down the “fn” key too, depending on your keyboard settings. You can also get the Expose & Spaces pane with Option+F3, and the Sound pane with the two volume keys (F11 and F12). Older keyboards will work slightly differently, so experiment.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Managing Apple Music iPhone Downloads
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mac Notes
- Photo Booth Green Screen
- Gifting iTunes Movies, Music and More
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Adding Custom Ringtones To Your iPhone
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- iMovie Cropping
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.