If you hold down the Option key and press the brightness keys (F1 and F2) it will bring up the System Preferences, Displays pane. You may need to hold down the “fn” key too, depending on your keyboard settings. You can also get the Expose & Spaces pane with Option+F3, and the Sound pane with the two volume keys (F11 and F12). Older keyboards will work slightly differently, so experiment.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Using Memoji Stickers And a Hidden Trick To Make Your Own
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.