If the Photos app launches when you plug in your iPhone or other device, and you’d rather it not launch automatically, you can change this easily. Simply connect the device and let Photos launch. You should see a “Open Photos for this device” checkbox near the top go Photos. Uncheck that to turn this off. If you don’t see it, then choose View, Show Sidebar. Then select the device on the left. The checkbox should appear near the top.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Printable Keyboard Shortcuts
- Guide to Online Password Security
- Uninstalling Mac Apps
- How to Get Free iPhone Ringtones
- Extending iPhone Battery Life
- Make Your Own iPhone Ringtones
- Syncing Your iPod to More Than One Computer
- iMovie Picture-In-Picture
- QuickTime Player Screen Recording
- Shut Down or Sleep
- Do Macs Need Anti-Virus?
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.