If you occasionally see a message saying that Time Machine has needed to delete old backups to make room, don’t worry, that’s normal. Time Machine will keep backing up versions of your files and keep around files you have deleted until it fills up its hard drive. Then it gets rid of the oldest stuff first, always keeping a complete backup of your current files. But it can be annoying to get notifications. You can switch that off in System Preferences, Time Machine. Click the Options button and turn off the “Notify after old backups are deleted” option.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Apple’s Check Coverage Page
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Moving Graphic Pointers In iMovie
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- How Old Is Too Old?
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- iMovie Mirror Effect
- Using iOS Workflow To Send Quick Email Messages
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
Copyright © 2006-2018 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.