If you occasionally see a message saying that Time Machine has needed to delete old backups to make room, don’t worry, that’s normal. Time Machine will keep backing up versions of your files and keep around files you have deleted until it fills up its hard drive. Then it gets rid of the oldest stuff first, always keeping a complete backup of your current files. But it can be annoying to get notifications. You can switch that off in System Preferences, Time Machine. Click the Options button and turn off the “Notify after old backups are deleted” option.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions About AppleCare
- How To Login To Your Mac If Your Keyboard Isn't Working
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- How To Edit and Export Vertical Video In iMovie On a Mac
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.