If you occasionally see a message saying that Time Machine has needed to delete old backups to make room, don’t worry, that’s normal. Time Machine will keep backing up versions of your files and keep around files you have deleted until it fills up its hard drive. Then it gets rid of the oldest stuff first, always keeping a complete backup of your current files. But it can be annoying to get notifications. You can switch that off in System Preferences, Time Machine. Click the Options button and turn off the “Notify after old backups are deleted” option.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- How To Post Photos to Facebook From Your Mac
- Sync Your iPhone, iPad or iPod Without iTunes In Catalina
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.