The top row of keys on your Apple keyboard features items like brightness, Mission Control, Dashboard, and volume controls. These can also be shortcuts to the appropriate System Preference controls with the addition of the Option key. For instance, hold down Option plus one of the volume buttons and you will get the Sound controls. Hold down option plus one of the brightness keys and you get the Display controls. Note that if you have turned on the F-keys in your keyboard preferences then you will need to hold down the FN key as well.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- A Beginner’s Guide to Renaming Files On Your Mac
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Understanding MacBook Battery Cycle Count
- Using Reminders and Notes to Save Links
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Play Chess On Your Mac
- Use Split View With Two Safari Windows
Copyright © 2006-2018 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.