The top row of keys on your Apple keyboard features items like brightness, Mission Control, Dashboard, and volume controls. These can also be shortcuts to the appropriate System Preference controls with the addition of the Option key. For instance, hold down Option plus one of the volume buttons and you will get the Sound controls. Hold down option plus one of the brightness keys and you get the Display controls. Note that if you have turned on the F-keys in your keyboard preferences then you will need to hold down the FN key as well.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- 4 Ways To Type Superscript and Subscript On a Mac
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.