In addition to using the well-known keyboard shortcuts, you can also take a screenshot from the Preview app. Choose File, Take Screenshot and then choose the whole screen, a window or a selection. The advantage to using this instead of the shortcuts is that it opens as a new Preview document that you can then mark up and save or share as you wish, instead of creating a new file on the Desktop or using the clipboard.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- How Old Is Too Old?
- Moving Graphic Pointers In iMovie
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
- Use Split View With Two Safari Windows
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- 8 Ways To Trim Video In iMovie
- Understanding MacBook Battery Cycle Count
Copyright © 2006-2018 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.