In addition to using the well-known keyboard shortcuts, you can also take a screenshot from the Preview app. Choose File, Take Screenshot and then choose the whole screen, a window or a selection. The advantage to using this instead of the shortcuts is that it opens as a new Preview document that you can then mark up and save or share as you wish, instead of creating a new file on the Desktop or using the clipboard.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Apple’s Check Coverage Page
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Moving Graphic Pointers In iMovie
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- How Old Is Too Old?
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- iMovie Mirror Effect
- Using iOS Workflow To Send Quick Email Messages
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
Copyright © 2006-2018 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.