If you are using a MacBook and take it out of the house/workplace at all, be sure to turn off System Preferences, Sharing, File Sharing. There’s nothing wrong with turning it on to use it occasionally, and then off again when done, though AirDrop is a better option nowadays. But if you have it on and aren’t using it, your Mac will show up in Finder sidebars of other Macs connected to the same hotel/coffeehouse/airport Wi-Fi network.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- Customize Safari With These 10 Preferences
- How To Login To Your Mac If Your Keyboard Isn't Working
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- Create an iPhone Shortcut To Show Your Vaccination Card
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security: Part 5, Security Questions
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.