If you are using a MacBook and take it out of the house/workplace at all, be sure to turn off System Preferences, Sharing, File Sharing. There’s nothing wrong with turning it on to use it occasionally, and then off again when done, though AirDrop is a better option nowadays. But if you have it on and aren’t using it, your Mac will show up in Finder sidebars of other Macs connected to the same hotel/coffeehouse/airport Wi-Fi network.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Resizing and Positioning Green Screen Video In iMovie
- How To Add Pop-Up Text In iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.