In the special application menu, there is the Services, TextEdit, New Window Containing Selection item. This is even more handy when you go to System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard Shortcuts and add “New Window Containing Selection” as a shortcut under “All Applications.” Then all you need to do is make a selection and use that keyboard shortcut to instantly create a document with that text in it.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Free iPhone Ringtones Revisited
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.