In the special application menu, there is the Services, TextEdit, New Window Containing Selection item. This is even more handy when you go to System Preferences, Keyboard & Mouse, Keyboard Shortcuts and add “New Window Containing Selection” as a shortcut under “All Applications.” Then all you need to do is make a selection and use that keyboard shortcut to instantly create a document with that text in it.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Post Photos to Facebook From Your Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- How To Delete Safari Bookmarks
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.