This is one of those tips where if you are 20 or younger it is probably obvious, but if you are older it may have never occurred to you. You can use Emoji symbols in folder names on both OS X and iOS. With iOS it is easy to switch keyboards while typing an app folder name. With OS X you need to use the Character Viewer or copy and paste an emoji from a document. Either way, it can help your folders stand out and make them easier to find.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.