Need to perform a quick calculation? Instead of launching Calculator, or going to the Dashboard, just go to the Spotlight Menu at the top right corner of your screen and type. For instance, typing 2+2 gives you the answer. You can get more complex than that, of course. The keyboard shortcut of Command+Space works as well. So Command+Space 2+2 gets you the answer quickly, no matter what application you are running at the time.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.