Ever find something in your Downloads folder and forget what it is and where you got it? Select the file and press Command+I to bring up the information window. For downloaded files, you’ll find lots of things listed under More Info, including the “Where from” URL of the download. At least, it is usually there. The information provided depends a bit on the server it was downloaded from. But as an added bonus, if you go to Safari’s Downloads window and press the magnifying glass next to each item, it will find the downloaded file even if you have moved it out of the Downloads folder or saved it elsewhere.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Moving Graphic Pointers In iMovie
- Simulating Pivot Tables In Numbers
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.