Ever find something in your Downloads folder and forget what it is and where you got it? Select the file and press Command+I to bring up the information window. For downloaded files, you’ll find lots of things listed under More Info, including the “Where from” URL of the download. At least, it is usually there. The information provided depends a bit on the server it was downloaded from. But as an added bonus, if you go to Safari’s Downloads window and press the magnifying glass next to each item, it will find the downloaded file even if you have moved it out of the Downloads folder or saved it elsewhere.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Managing Apple Music iPhone Downloads
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mac Notes
- Photo Booth Green Screen
- Gifting iTunes Movies, Music and More
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Adding Custom Ringtones To Your iPhone
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- iMovie Cropping
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.