In Lion you can resize most windows by grabbing any edge and dragging. But if you hold down modifier keys you can make resizing behave in different ways. A regular drag on an edge will move only that edge. Hold down the Shift key and three edges will resize, with the opposite edge remaining steady. Hold down Option and the current edge and opposite edge will move. How down both Option and Shift and all four edges will move, with the center of the window remaining fixed.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Using the iCloud Photo Library
- Viewing and Organizing Photos In the New Photos App
- Using Multiple Tables And Lookup In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- iMovie Basics
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- Using Text Columns In Pages
- Creating Transparent Images With Keynote
- Understanding MacBook Battery Cycle Count
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.