In Lion you can resize most windows by grabbing any edge and dragging. But if you hold down modifier keys you can make resizing behave in different ways. A regular drag on an edge will move only that edge. Hold down the Shift key and three edges will resize, with the opposite edge remaining steady. Hold down Option and the current edge and opposite edge will move. How down both Option and Shift and all four edges will move, with the center of the window remaining fixed.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Using Memoji Stickers And a Hidden Trick To Make Your Own
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.