In Lion you can resize most windows by grabbing any edge and dragging. But if you hold down modifier keys you can make resizing behave in different ways. A regular drag on an edge will move only that edge. Hold down the Shift key and three edges will resize, with the opposite edge remaining steady. Hold down Option and the current edge and opposite edge will move. How down both Option and Shift and all four edges will move, with the center of the window remaining fixed.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Moving Graphic Pointers In iMovie
- Simulating Pivot Tables In Numbers
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.