Some Macs come with a Backspace key. Some Macs come with a Delete key. Unless you have an old enough Mac to have both, these keys work in the same way, removing the character before the text cursor. If you are looking to delete the character after the cursor, there doesn’t seem to be a way to do that. But all you need to do is to hold the FN key and then press your Backspace or Delete key to get this function. FN+Option+Delete will delete the whole word in front of the cursor.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- Free iPhone Ringtones Revisited
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- View Movie Trailers Ad-Free From Apple
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.