Some Macs come with a Backspace key. Some Macs come with a Delete key. Unless you have an old enough Mac to have both, these keys work in the same way, removing the character before the text cursor. If you are looking to delete the character after the cursor, there doesn’t seem to be a way to do that. But all you need to do is to hold the FN key and then press your Backspace or Delete key to get this function. FN+Option+Delete will delete the whole word in front of the cursor.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- Frequently Asked Questions About AppleCare
- How To Login To Your Mac If Your Keyboard Isn't Working
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Edit and Export Vertical Video In iMovie On a Mac
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.