We record the MacMost video podcast straight into a Mac Pro, skipping tape. The way to do this is to use a Firewire camcorder. But this is a dying breed as the hard drive and SD card camcorders take over. The pinnacle of the MiniDV/Firewire camcorder will likely be the Canon VIXIA HV40 HD HDV Camcorder. We picked up one of these for less than $700 and it works great with our Macs. It is full 1080 high def, directly into the Firewire port. A great camera for video podcasting or taping your kids soccer game.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.