Check out Clean Up Your Mac’s Dock at YouTube for closed captioning and more options.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly NewsletterWant all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
All MacMost Shorts...
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
- Mac Basics
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security
- Videos by Category
- Video Archive
- MacMost Online Courses
- Virus and Malware Information Center
- Protect Yourself From Online Scams
- A Graphical Guide To iCloud
- Free iPhone Ringtones
- Recommended Products
- Printable Mac Keyboard Shortcuts PDF
- macOS System Requirements List
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security: Part 5, Security Questions
- Different Ways To Access Files On Your Mac Desktop
- Look Out For These Online Payment System Scams
- Viewing by Groups in the Mac Finder
- Hidden Mac Easter Eggs (2023)
- Understanding Numbers Column References
- Accessing Document History on Your Mac
- Techniques for Creating Letterhead Templates in Mac Pages
Copyright © 2006-2023 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Gary......You are the greatest!!!
Holy cow, is this useful! I knew a bit about rearranging icons but your suggestions about configuring Launchpad, the systems folder and documents (ESPECIALLY documents) is going to streamline my looking for things more than somewhat!
New computer with Ventura 13.1 installed. Quite often I have problems moving Applications to the left or right on the dock. Also can't remove Applications by dragging them up. If I come back later, I find that the problem has disappeared for some, but not all of the Applications.
Do I have a lemon computer?
Robert: Make sure you don't try to drag them too far to the right. They must be on the left side of the line. As for dragging them up to remove them, make sure you drag pretty far up the screen. Also, it helps if they aren't running. If they are, they would stay in the Dock regardless as all running apps are shown. You can always Control+click and go to Options, Remove From Dock too.
Morning Gary in Ventura 13.1dragging the icon up does not show the "remove" as in your EXCELLENT video
Petr: Not sure why it isn't working for you. Did you try other apps? Did you try dragging it up to the top half of the screen?
Great video, thank you for making it Gary. One comment, to save dock space. I do not keep Launchpad in the dock. Instead, what I find is even faster to access all my applications is to simply use a trackpad gesture (pinch with thumb and 3 fingers). There is a setting for this in Settings, Trackpad, More Gestures.