There are many Unix tools to re-encode and convert video and audio. But you have to really know what you are doing to use them. Fortunately, FFMpegX provides a great Mac interface to those tools. We use it here at MacMost to encode all of our video episodes into mp4 format. You can use it to convert video to work on your iPod or iPhone. It also compresses a lot better than QuickTime Pro or direct export from most video tools.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Managing Apple Music iPhone Downloads
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mac Notes
- Photo Booth Green Screen
- Gifting iTunes Movies, Music and More
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Adding Custom Ringtones To Your iPhone
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- iMovie Cropping
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.