MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

How Can I Backup My Outlook 2011?

I have Outlook 2011. From the first day of configuration of my gmail, I have been using POP account on this Outlook, as a result, I have stacked 70000 plus emails. My mail server is empty. How can I backup them all? suggest me the easiest way.
—–
Georgie

Comments: 3 Responses to “How Can I Backup My Outlook 2011?”

6 years ago

So what you are saying is that you are using POP and have each and every email downloaded to your Mac, and none on the server. And you want to back them up.

Well, since you are using Time Machine (you are, right?) then all of your files on your entire drive are backed up. So you already have a backup to protect you against disaster.

But if you want a second backup, or really an archive, you can always select the mailbox folder you use to save everything (maybe you call it Archive, or Saved or Old Email or whatever) and use Mailbox, Export Mailbox.

But there may be an even easier and much quicker way. I don't use Outlook, but maybe find out where the Outlook App is storing your email messages. Perhaps in the Library folder, or maybe it makes a folder somewhere else. There it may already have everything in a standard mbox file. A pretty large one, I'm guessing. You could just copy that file if you can find it. Maybe find a Mac Outlook forum or their support page and ask about that there. I can't begin to guess where it would be, since I don't use Outlook.

Georgie
    6 years ago

Thanks for the reply. but i am unsure if the retrieval from the TM be that easy. I have got negative feedbacks on the same in past.

Georgie
    6 years ago

Updates: I tried a couple of Mail Archiving tools. didn't prove themselves good. Currently I am using Mail Backup X. I think it is doing fine with Automatic backup and Incremental backup features.

Comments Closed.