MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

Quicken Essentials for Mac 2010

After waiting for months and finally pre-ordering in December, I finally downloaded this new product from Intuit.
Cut to the chase…. It is so bad I can’t believe it!!!!
It is totally useless and lacks 90% of the functionallity of the 2010 Windows version.
I’m going to have to run Window on my MacBook Pro… just to use the Windows version of Quicken..
I’m bummed and have already requested a refund.
This is going to be a HUGE bust for Intuit…. No buddy, repeat No buddy will find the new Mac version useful.
Larry

— Larry

Comments: 5 Responses to “Quicken Essentials for Mac 2010”

14 years ago

Wow. Thanks for the quick review.

Mark McCluski
    14 years ago

Really sad to hear this: I've already pre-ordered, but won't get to do the download for a day or so.

Todd A. Peperkorn
    14 years ago

Have you tried Moneywell? This is a fairly new product that I am trying this year after years of being frustrated with Quicken. So far I really like it.

Leonard Bryan
      14 years ago

Where can you get Moneywell? I have ordered Quicken 2010 and it is to be delivered next week. I hope I won't be disappointed........

Mark McCluski
    14 years ago

Now that I've had a chance to work with Quicken Essentials for a few days, I'm coming to like it. It definitely has fewer bells and whistles than Quicken 2004, but I haven;t found it lacking anything that I actually use and count on. I prefer the new interface, and it presents my basic information in a way I find more easily understandable. I have also been able to work through and resolve discrepancies more easily than I could with 2004. But I can see if someone used Quicken a lot for detailed investments, or if you spent a lot of time developing a household inventory, the new version would be lacking.

Comments Closed.