With the new iPhone 3GS’ ability to record video comes the question: can you use an external mic? The answer is yes. In fact, the earbuds that come with the iPhone 3GS have such a mic on them. But that can be inconvenient to use. A product like the Monster iMicrophone gives you a stand-alone clip-on mic and the ability to then plug in your own headphones. The mic also includes a pause button like the iPhone’s earbuds, but no volume control. So these make a good clip-on mic as well as a way to get the mic and pause button while using your own headphones.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.