Prizmo turns your iPhone into a scanner. It uses the iPhone’s camera to take a picture, and then use optical character recognition (OCR) to read the text. For instance, you can take a picture of someone’s business card and it will read the text on the card and create a contact. The process isn’t automatic, as you have to check the data for errors. But it still beats tapping it in. You can also grab bills, whiteboards or any text document. There is even the option to purchase a “voice” and have your text read out loud.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Relative and Absolute Cell References In Numbers
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Creating a Guest Wi-Fi Network
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- iMovie Basics
- Removing Adware From Your Mac
- 10 Finder Tricks
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.