Isn’t it annoying when a video on a site starts playing as soon as the page loads? You can set Safari to stop this by going to Safari, Preferences, Websites, Auto-Play. Then at the bottom change “When visiting other websites” to “Never Auto-Play” or at least “Stop Media with Sound.” You may see some other sites listed above this if you have set custom preferences for specific sites. Be warned, however, that some sites may use code to try to auto-play annoying content anyway. But the good ones will obey.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- Share a Name and Profile Picture or Animoji With Others in iOS 13 Messages
- How To Add Custom Text In iMovie
- 4 Ways To Type Superscript and Subscript On a Mac
- Photo Booth Green Screen
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
Copyright © 2006-2020 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.