MacMost Q&A Forum • View All Forum QuestionsAsk a Question

How Do I Mirror My 2016 iPad Pro To My “Vintage” Mac?

I have a 2016 9.7″ iPad pro/with keyboard that I use more than my “vintage Mac.” The 27″ screen would be nice to use since I don’t plan on buying another PC. My last upgrade for my 4GB Mac was El Capitan. Can it be done?
—–
Sandy Gilbert

Comments: One Response to “How Do I Mirror My 2016 iPad Pro To My “Vintage” Mac?”

7 years ago

You can, somewhat. It sounds like you want to be able to use your iPad Pro with the screen and the keyboard, perhaps? No good way to do that. You can easily hook up a Bluetooth keyboard, of course. And then use AirPlay to mirror your iPad's screen to your iMac.

To use AirPlay, since the Mac is not an AirPlay "receiver" device, you need to have a piece of software to act as the AirPlay receiver. https://www.airserver.com will do the trick. It probably works on El Capitan. Easy to try it.

I'm not sure how useful this will be. You won't see anything on the iMac's screen that you wouldn't see on the iPad's screen. And if the iMac is a pre-Retina display iMac, then the iPad's screen will be higher resolution, even if it is smaller.

Comments Closed.