MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

2/13/11
for the past 3 days, my Mail is not receiving new mail, no matter how many times I click Get New Mail, quit, reopen…whatever. It was sending mails but today even the sending is not happening – the outbox is showing the in process mails and the spinning sign next to ... (1 Comment)
2/13/11
I have Backup setup for some folders and it does back them up nightly as recommended. The problem is these files are unaccessible from My iDisk app on iphone and from me.com, they are compressed. I chatted with Mobileme tonight and they said there is no way to have ... (1 Comment)
2/13/11
Gary this is a problem still persisting since the previous 2 iOS updatesfor tbei iPhone. I have an iPhone 3GS ! When I click messages and then after tapping the write message icon, when I type the name of the contact usually the drop down list displays the contacts so I can tap ... (3 Comments)
2/12/11
how do i copy my imovie project to another editing systen that only has rca and svhs connections? How to i get the output out of my laptop to my 2nd editing machine? —– Peter L ... (4 Comments)
2/12/11
About two days ago I downloaded a Medical Dictionary that integrates with Dictionary.app. I installed this Medical Dictionary by copying it to Macintosh HD/Library/Dictionaries. I immediately tested this Dictionary plugin and it worked just fine. However, I’ve just now ... (4 Comments)
2/12/11
How could I disable verifying when burning a photo disk? I just highlight my disk on the disk top and right click and burn. —– Richard ... (1 Comment)
2/12/11
Gary can I speak through my USB headsets attached to my Imac and stream that through my Apple Tv to be heard on the Tv Speakers? —– Cyrus Dubash ... (1 Comment)
2/12/11
hi gary how are u ? writing to u after a long time !! i wanted a good task management software where i can handle projects and delegate task to people i wish to take out printouts date wise and people wise also i saw many in the google search a7 could not decide which one do ... (1 Comment)
2/11/11
Hi Gary, I`ve been trying to create a letterhead in Textedit. I successfully added my business logo and typed my Business address along the bottom of the page, than I saved it as a RTF in my Documents folder. My problem is, when I start typing a new letter my address gets pushed ... (5 Comments)
2/11/11
Do you have a recommended way to rip DVDs or Blu-rays to then put them into iTunes and then load them onto the iPhone or iPad? —– Glenn Downing ... (1 Comment)
2/11/11
I have a 1/2 hr movie with no music and no transitions and about 3/4 thru the movie the video freezes up. I have a Mac pro laptop with the standard memory (Ithink it is 2Gig). Could it be the Memory or could the audio which is loud in a few spots do this? I new and slowly ... (3 Comments)
2/10/11
I just bought a new Mac Book Pro, i just backed up my PC to an external HD and now the MB won’t recognize it. i know it has something to do with the format of the drive. How can i transfer all my date now? Help —– Scott Z ... (4 Comments)
2/10/11
I was thinking about editing my bookmarks – they seem to accumulate like dust bunnies – and i thought one way to choose elimination would be to know I hadn’t visited a site in months or years. Any way to do that quickly and easily? —– Kirk ... (2 Comments)
2/10/11
I’m wondering if there is an iPhone/iPad that that would simply give me a list of apps installed on that particular device, and that I could choose to sort alphabetically, by genre, by date added, or date last used. —– Jonathan ... (4 Comments)
2/10/11
I used Handbrake to Encode some DVD videos for my Ipad and it overheated the rare top part of the imac. I wasn’t sure if its normal so I aborted the process. Can I continue using it with no worries ? —– Cyrus Dubash ... (6 Comments)
2/9/11
I’ve recently moved & my original Mac disk is in storage for awhile. I’ve accidentally deleted Quick time 10 version & already emptied my trash. Is there anyway to get that back? I realize I can use my disk, but locating it at the moment is not an option. The ... (3 Comments)
2/9/11
I’ve downloaded a fixtures calendar for a football season. (It’s not a subscription, it’s a calendar file). i’ve set preferences to delete events 1 day after they finish but old entries are still showing – as far back as 6 months. Is there a way to ... (1 Comment)
2/9/11
Hello again Gary & macmost followers. Last Friday (4 February) I purchased a 13-inch MacBook Pro. It’s lovely. And the battery life is simply unbelievable. But I have a problem. On 8 February I came across an article on MacRumors indicating Best Buy is likely ... (3 Comments)
2/9/11
I made an Idvd Project with 5 Videos and 4 slideshows… I burnt one copy of the DVD and then Saved the Project. It took 1 hour 10 minutes for the first DVD including the burning time. THe second one too started Rendering again with the menus and slideshow Processes and that ... (6 Comments)
2/9/11
I have a good camera which takes great pictures. But they appear very blurred and pixelated when seen as a SLideshow on a DVD that is burnt n iDVD. Anything I could do to get the clarity back? Thanks Cyrus ! —– Cyrus Dubash ... (2 Comments)