MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

2/9/11
If I read an email on my iphone (gmail set with Ms exchange), it still shows up as unread on the gmail website on the computer. This happens sometimes and not always ! Any tips ? —– Cyrus Dubash ... (6 Comments)
2/8/11
Do you have any inside info on the facetime over 3g? Apple and att have said that we can expect it in early 2011, but I see no progress. Anything to add? —– Will ... (2 Comments)
2/8/11
Can someone tell me how to convert a mp4 file & then burn it to a DVD which will then play on a dvd player? Thank-you in advance. PS – Looking for some way to do this other than IDVD. —– Tony ... (5 Comments)
2/8/11
I have a Jabra stone Bluetooth wireless headset that is compatible with the iPad and iPhone. Unfortunately I am unable to use my Bluetooth for my viber calls and soups from the iPad. Pls advice. Thank you —– Gospi Bharucha ... (11 Comments)
2/8/11
I have a sub-folder under Pictures which has some random snaps I keep clicking with my phone or people send me via email. I imported it into Iphoto last month and this month I had some new pics in it so re-imported but it created a new event an I had to merge and deleted ... (1 Comment)
2/8/11
Here’s my plan to backup iTunes and iPhoto, please tell me what you think. I’ll copy and paste iTunes Media folder and iPhoto library folder to an external hard drive. The iTunes Media folder would also contain iPhone backups. In another month or so, I would repeat ... (2 Comments)
2/7/11
Hi Gary. Any app for the iPhone that will show my days calendar events right there on the lock screen ? There are some that show a wallpaper of a general calendar but not my events.  —– Cyrus Dubash ... (1 Comment)
2/7/11
While syncing my iPhone 3gs for the podcast: MacMost Now 513: Typing Accent Marks On Your Mac ... (1 Comment)
2/7/11
In imovie 11 movie trailers I have an issue with the audio levels are set too high resulting in sound distortion in play back. Normally I’m able to adjust this when creating a move project but in movie trailers, this seems to be impossible. I’ve looked online and ... (2 Comments)
2/6/11
Hey Gary, I been asking a lot of questions to you lately, but another popped up that I like to ask you. My wife and I have a Photography business and one of the things we do for our clients is make HD Photo Slide shows. When we export the HD Slideshow from Aperture, usually a ... (4 Comments)
2/6/11
Hey Gary as a frequent reader of your site, I would like to pose a question, if I may, to you as to what Apps you enjoy using or use the most in different categories, such as Utilities, Productivity, Finance, Business, Graphics and Design, References, Audio/Video, etc. And how do ... (4 Comments)
2/6/11
Friday afternoon I opted to replace my dying Windows-driven laptop with a new MacBook Pro, which nicely compliments my almost two-year old iMac. But I confess to being confused as to how I might take advantage of Time Machine to keep my new laptop safe and backed up. I already ... (2 Comments)
2/6/11
Gary my buddy would like me to format a drive he bought that is formatted in NTFS. I have formatted thumbdrives to HFS+ that come FAT32 with Disk Utility but will the mac see that NTFS drive to format as a FAT32? —– Michael ... (6 Comments)
2/6/11
Anyone recommend an application I can use to to convert my DRM m4p iTunes files to m4a? I know you can do this through burning to CD. I was just looking for a simple drag and drop app. These are my own purchased music files. —– Michael ... (2 Comments)
2/6/11
Does anyone know how to take a regular horizontal line of text and shape or move it into an arc form in Pages? I am not trying to “wrap” the text but actually bend the text line, so it can look like a rainbow arc around a shape. (Like in a logo for example). Someone ... (4 Comments)
2/6/11
With Finder, I have customised the folder open settings so that each sub-folder on my internal HD opens in the same window, using the View Options. But when I click on the folders of a cd/dvd that I’ve inserted, the folders open in new windows. How do I keep the same ... (2 Comments)
2/5/11
My inbox in mail includes my sent items as well. Although they do have a dot indicating they are sent and they are in my sent items folder, how do I turn off so they only show in sent items folder. —– Ezell ... (1 Comment)
2/5/11
I used to run Firefox in a sandbox on my old Windows PC, using a programme called ‘Sandboxie’. This ‘contained’ Firefox and was an additional layer of protection in case of attack / viruses etc. I believe that sandboxing is built into OSX, but don’t ... (1 Comment)
2/5/11
ANy way to get my mac mail inbox to show up in Mobile Me , just like all my subfolders do? —– Craig ... (2 Comments)
2/5/11
I have my Mac Mail set to remove messages from the server upon downloading to the MAc only (not the iphone ever). Is there anyway to make my MAC Inbox, part of MOBILE ME. Another words, have my inbox show u on my iphone Mobile Me account? I have all subfolders with messages in ... (4 Comments)