Ever search for a file on your Mac, then find it, but realize you want to see everything in the folder, not just that one file. You can do this by right clicking or Ctrl+clicking the file in the search results, and then choosing “Open Enclosing Folder.” You can also select the file and press Command+R, which is “Reveal in Finder” and produces the same result. If you are searching using the Spotlight menu, then you can Command+click the file to open its folder instead.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Managing Apple Music iPhone Downloads
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mac Notes
- Photo Booth Green Screen
- Gifting iTunes Movies, Music and More
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Adding Custom Ringtones To Your iPhone
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- iMovie Cropping
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.