If your fifth generation iPod has locked up or frozen, you may be able to reset it and save a trip to the genius bar at the Apple store. To reset a video iPod, toggle the Hold switch on and off, then press and hold the Menu and Select buttons until the Apple logo appears. This takes about 6 to 10 seconds. You may need to repeat this step. Also, different iPods have different reset procedures, so you might want to go to Reset iPod.com to find out how to reset your iPod.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Managing Apple Music iPhone Downloads
- A Beginner’s Guide to Mac Notes
- Photo Booth Green Screen
- Gifting iTunes Movies, Music and More
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Adding Custom Ringtones To Your iPhone
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- iMovie Cropping
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.