If you have shared folder on another Mac that you are always connecting to, you can make the connection a lot quicker by using an alias. Just connect to the other Mac as usual, and find the folder you use often. Then Command+Option+Drag it to a location on your desktop or anywhere on your hard drive to make an alias to it. Now the next time you want to go to that location, double-click the alias to sign in to that computer and go right to that folder.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- iMovie Basics
- Compressing Video With MPEG Streamclip
- Using Multiple Tables And Lookup In Numbers
- Slow Down a Portion of a Track In Garageband
- Setting Up Multiple iOS Devices For Messages and FaceTime
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Safari Text Zoom
- Using Live Stock Prices in Numbers
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.