MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

5/16/16
Hello Gary I have some pictures in my camera roll in my iPhone, but How Do i to transfer some pictures from my camera roll (iPhone) to my iCloud drive in my iPhone ? Thanks —– Nelson Da Silva ... (1 Comment)
5/9/16
I have a DVD that is a personal DVD and I would like to capture a short 3 minute part of it and transfer it to a DVD. I have thrown out the original from my video recorder and my movie back-ups and have NO video of my desired clip available to me. I goofed! Is there a program ... (1 Comment)
5/6/16
I’m trying to find a way to lock a desktop folder via password or in some other fashion. I’ve been unable to find a way to do so. Am using an iMac running Lion 10.7.5. —– tom reinken ... (3 Comments)
5/5/16
I would like to create folders in my “Mail” program on the iPad to store different emails as “receipts”, “orders”, “to do” etc. I have done this easily with the “Mail” program on the iMac. Is this possible for the ... (2 Comments)
5/5/16
I put an appointment on my IPhone but it doesn’t go to my wife’s phone, and the same happens with her. We have separate Apple ID’s, but this is essential so that we can have our own medical profile on our phones. —– Peter Heels ... (2 Comments)
5/5/16
I only want a mac.com email address and I Have removed me.com and icloud.com from preferences but they still so up on apples icloud account for my userid. —– Robert Raymond ... (3 Comments)
5/5/16
Would replacing my MBP hard drive with an SSD improve its performance and speed? I’m going crazy watching the beach ball spin and spin. I’ve done everything I can (according to all online posts) to speed up my mid 2010 MacBook Pro to no avail. Mine is the last version ... (2 Comments)
5/5/16
I have been unhappy with Flash Player on my iMac for many reasons, primarily the need to update it so often due to security problems. How can I view your video tutorials with out it? —– Shirley ... (1 Comment)
5/5/16
I rarely, if ever, download music. I prefer to buy CDs. I want one file to be the AIFF, lossless form. I want the other to be mp3s so that I can load to a USB to play in my car or take with me to use on my laptop when traveling. I found something once that allowed me to do that ... (1 Comment)
5/5/16
I am running OS X (10.10.5 Yosemite) on a mid 2011, 27″ iMac, and having all software updates current, running Safari as my browser. When I try and watch Netflix trailers, a dialog box comes up saying that Microsoft Silverlight is not installed. I go to the site, download ... (2 Comments)
5/5/16
This Safari bug occurs on my recent IMac using El Capitan as well as a four year old Macbook Pro which started with Snow Leopard. When I delete history the entry, 31, December 2000 will not delete. I have to shut down the iMac. It always comes back. I have called Applecare about ... (3 Comments)
5/5/16
I can’t move photos taken on iPhone 6s to my iPad or my husband’s iPad or our iMac (el capitan). —– Margaret ... (5 Comments)
5/5/16
I edited video in iMovie in El Capitan and burned it to a DVD but the DVD will not play on my friend’s TV DVD player . The DVD player will support UDF format. I have Wondershare converter software but it does not have UDF capability,so I need a way to convert to ... (3 Comments)
5/2/16
I have inherited my late father-in-laws iPad Mini which operates using his email address & password. How do I change them to use my MBP email address & password? Will music he had downloaded & his iTunes balance also transfer to my MBP? —– Derek ... (1 Comment)
5/1/16
I have been putting a prefix in my subject line “K9ORP says – ” to distinguish a real email from me rather than spam. Spam may “scrape my email” but I believe they can’t copy my subject line’s unique phrase. I have told my friends to ... (2 Comments)
5/1/16
I don’t know if the hand tool is causing my issue or not. When the cursor has a black arrow pointer the cursor move freely but as the cursor moves over different content, Gmail messages pane for example the cursor changes to the hand and becomes STICKY and does not move ... (4 Comments)
4/30/16
My Mac has El Capitan and all updates. I am trying to open a zip file without any success. I have used my various search engines with this request with no luck. —– Jean ... (3 Comments)
4/29/16
What happened to black text on white backgrounds? All my life I have read books with black text on white backgrounds. Now we have to read text in all colors with backgrounds in all colors. Some are completely unreadable. Is there any setting on computers to change the text on ... (2 Comments)
4/28/16
I have been enjoying the convenience of giving people my contact details via iPhone. (Saves carrying business cards and is also convenient for the recipient.) However when I tested this by sending the vcf. card to myself I found that I was sending all the stored details my ... (3 Comments)
4/28/16
I am running El Capitan 10.11.4.. I have tried going into system preferences but nothing seems to work . It is very annoying. —– Megan Walker ... (2 Comments)