MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

5/30/16
I am thinking of upgrading from my three year old iPad, Are there any contemplated changes in the iPad? Should I wait? —– Marty ... (1 Comment)
5/29/16
I have an iMac set up with one Apple ID and have accumulated photos as well as a music collection on that iMac (purchased and ripped CDs). I have a separate iMac with a different Apple ID that I want to use those collections (libraries?). In effect, I want to be able to do some ... (2 Comments)
5/28/16
How to I keep a directory on my MAC and the same Directory on a Flash Drive Synchronized? —– Randy Miller ... (3 Comments)
5/27/16
the app store has sent me an update to iPhoto from 2015. How do i delete it and that number 1 that keeps staring at me —– Michael L ... (3 Comments)
5/26/16
One feature I LOVE with my MAC is the ability to search PDF files for specific words. However, there are times that some PDF documents are not searchable and I can’t figure out why. Any direction would be very helpful. —– Trina Stroope ... (1 Comment)
5/26/16
When trying to find the location for a photo, spreadsheet, etc., I do a Spotlight Search. Once I see the file listed, I want to right click or something to learn the specific location on my drive. Is there an option available to do this? (OS X El Capitan) —– John ... (5 Comments)
5/26/16
iPad Air – iOS 9.3.2 MacBook Pro – OS X El-Captian, 10.11.1 I wish to sync PDF files on the two devices on iBooks. While I could transfer files from iBooks on iOS to OS X, but can’t do the other way round as iTunes doesn’t show PDF files in Books on Mac. ... (1 Comment)
5/25/16
Using iTunes I have re-ripped my entire CD library in the ALAC codec. I have one CD of a live performance where the entire performance is a single track. I’d like to split this track into the individual songs. I’ve seen lots of ways to do this on the internet, but ... (1 Comment)
5/25/16
I’m not good at this. All I want to do is make a basic spreadsheet to put in phone numbers and addresses. Which program should I use or is there an app I could use? This is for my desk computer…. not iPad or iPhone. Thanks. :) —– Cheryl Applegate ... (3 Comments)
5/23/16
When I download the Adobe Flash Player update from Adobe and try to open it I get the message: the download must go through the App Store but the App Store doesn’t have it. —– Ray ... (2 Comments)
5/23/16
I use about 6 fonts at most. Most apps have me digging through menus several fewer long t find symbol , times …etc. I don’t want to eliminate the other fonts, just get them out of my way. —– Richard Chambers ... (1 Comment)
5/22/16
When I delete a lot of email in my iCloud account, they all reappear. Whereas in gmail they all are deleted permanently. Do I have to always delete iCloud emails on my iMac for it to be permanent? —– Gary Ward ... (1 Comment)
5/20/16
How do I view wmf files on my iMac 27″ 2014 with the latest version of El Capitan? —– Rab90 ... (1 Comment)
5/20/16
I have a list (60 lines) of titles/names in an excel sheet that i would like to turn into individual folders in Finder. I suspect the actions are: 1. Select the active cell 2. Copy the active cell 3. Create the folder name 4. Paste the clipboard 5. go back to excel 6. move down ... (6 Comments)
5/19/16
Why do Siri web search results come from Bing and not from Safari? Have I changed a setting somewhere and not realized it? I’ve searched all over and cannot find anything about this. I’m not a MS fan so, would you please explain how to get this changed back to ... (2 Comments)
5/19/16
I use a MacBook Pro most of the time, but from time to time I use a PC—a Gateway laptop with Windows 10 and the Edge browser. When I enter “www.icloud.com,” I consistently get an error message that my browser is “not supported.” In the smaller print, it ... (1 Comment)
5/19/16
I would like to move my Airport Express from my home, all-Mac network to a college auditorium that gets poor WIFI reception. It would be only for a meeting in June that lasts several days. Is it possible? —– Diana ... (2 Comments)
5/17/16
In El Capitan, I want to change the Title tag on several dozen photos at one time with a numeric differentiation after my new title… like in iPhoto. Is there an app that will do this? The Automator is confusing. —– Debbie F ... (3 Comments)
5/16/16
how do I delete 10,300 plus emails on my i{Pad with two or three clicks. —– Hugh Koester ... (3 Comments)
5/16/16
I would like to be able to download either the video/audio from youtube or other sites using my mac. I do not use Flash thus most of the videos seem to be HTML 5. I am using a Macbook and iMac running El Capitanusing Safari 9.1 as my main browser. I only use Chrome if the site ... (1 Comment)