MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

8/6/16
donating my 2010 iMac with Mountain Lion to my church. What steps to take to ensure all information is cleared. —– Billy Trusle ... (1 Comment)
8/5/16
Using MacBook Pro 13″, Mid 2010 with El Capitan, Ver 10.11.6 In addition to the email address provided, I also use an email address with @me.com. Just received photos from a sender using Gmail and all the photos were very small in size taken with an iPhone but sent to me at ... (1 Comment)
8/4/16
Gary, Is there anyway to turn off swiping in Apple Mail on an iMac using a Magic Mouse? I’m constantly accidentally swiping a message and sometimes deleting it. This is obviously great for touch screens and/or track pads but not so much for mice. I see in the Mail Prefs ... (1 Comment)
8/4/16
Gary, Is there a way to make email attachments saved to desktop show up in the right top corner of the desk top? I am often downloading from an email and have to move the email to find the attachment in the lower right corner of my screen. Have you ever addressed this ... (2 Comments)
8/4/16
I’m using microsoft exchange in my mac mail. I added signature to that. Whenever i’m sending an email, my signature turn into a signature file (ATT00001.htm) Please help me to solve this issue —– Jayakumar ... (6 Comments)
8/3/16
We are hosting a live interview with a filmmaker located in another city at our art gallery. We plan to use a MAC laptop, a video projector, and a large screen. What do I need to do to be sure it works and everyone in the audience can see and hear the conversation? Added bonus: ... (1 Comment)
8/3/16
I’ve tried setting up DDG as my default search engine. I’ve followed your video, and several other video’s, but, to no avail. I’ve gone to preferences, picked DDG, and Yahoo keeps coming up as my default search engine. I’m really at a lost here, ... (2 Comments)
8/2/16
I am using El Capitan on a new iMac. I have mail drop turned on. Yet when i attach a 13 mb compressed photo file and send with my icloud server it fails. Error message says file to large for the server. What am I missing? —– John DeCarli ... (6 Comments)
8/2/16
Hi Gary. I have to free some space in my iPhone but 80% of my memory r photos synced from a mac I don’t have access to & I’m not allowed to delete them from my phone. The trash can doesn’t appear when I select this photos. What can I ... (2 Comments)
7/30/16
In Photo on my Mac OS X El Capitan 10.11.5 Photo Faces there are two face files for me “Joe”. Both are spelled correctly and are identical in all aspects. How did a second face file begin and how do I consolidate them? Thanks, Joe Skarupa —– Joe ... (1 Comment)
7/30/16
Hi Gary, I have noticed under “About this Mac”that when viewing storage, it informs me that there is 100gb used under Applications. I have a 120gb HD. I have used 40gb of 120gb in total and this figure is correct, which brings me to conclude notification of 100gb in ... (1 Comment)
7/28/16
Ever since upgrading to El Capitan last month (including updates), my Mac processes more slowly and the spinning color-wheel is ever present. I empty trash very frequently. Blessings —– Duane ... (3 Comments)
7/28/16
I have a new iMac and have started using it to sync and backup my iOS devices. So far, so good. I have doing the sync by connecting the devices with a USB cable. In the past, I had done the sync with my MacBook which is no longer connected to my iTunes account. I wanted to ... (4 Comments)
7/27/16
Gary, El Capitan was released a while back but I resisted installing it after reading countless reviews of users experiencing horrible productivity loss issues. I’m currently running Yosemite 10.10.5 and as far as I’m concerned this OS could supply me an eternity of ... (8 Comments)
7/21/16
I would like to know what should be checked in the Chrome Preferences on my Mac.The information should include Privacy Content Settings. Passwords & forms/Web content/ etc. The more suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am using OS X El Capitan Version ... (1 Comment)
7/21/16
You had instructions on how to do this back in 2014/2015 and I was able to do it but my Mac was wiped out and now I need to know how to do it again. Thanks for your help! —– Linda ... (4 Comments)
7/21/16
I made a pretest for some 15 technicians. I want to see how they scored before class. However the form gets returned anonymously. What can I do to know who the recipient is. I’m using Google forms on my iPad Air. —– Janice Masson ... (1 Comment)
7/19/16
Each week I import media and make a movie in iMovie. For several weeks now iMovie won’t allow me to make a new movie. The selection “New Movie” is always grayed out. My solution has been to delete my previous movie and event and add the imported movie and edit ... (1 Comment)
7/17/16
Made a folder in mail called save. How do I access this folder to open email messages? —– FlaGrandma ... (1 Comment)
7/15/16
Can only erase 1 at a time now …even though i have 200 new emails…using iOS 9.3.2. —– STEVE SZEGDA ... (1 Comment)