MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

12/29/10
I’ve scoured the web, and have not found a definitive answer on why it is taking some apple TV 2 units 10 hours or more to download an HD movie. Have you heard anything about this? —– Ian ... (5 Comments)
12/29/10
I’m using a MacBook Pro, OS 10.6.5 and associated mail version 4.4. I’m not able to make the “To Do” feature work. I open an email, highlight a portion of the email I want to use for a “To Do” heading, but the “To Do” icon will not ... (5 Comments)
12/29/10
I can’t stand how backups slow down my internet connection. I’d love to program Time Machine to backup after 11 PM at night when we are not using the computer. I realize that this isn’t as safe, but I am willing to sacrifice that. Is this at all ... (6 Comments)
12/28/10
how do I set yahoo to send my deleted e-mails to the trash using Safari? When I delete my e-mails they are gone and if I by mistake delete one that I don’t want to it is gone forever. I want to set my yahoo e-mail to send all deleted e-mails to the trash until I manually ... (1 Comment)
12/28/10
My daughter was so very excited to receive an itunes gift card for Christmas. However, when I tried to set up an account for her, I got an error message saying she didn’t meet the age requirement. (She is almost 12.) Is there a way to get her an account? I tried to set up ... (1 Comment)
12/28/10
Long time listener here – got a question that I hope you can answer. I have an iMac – original Core Duo (not Core 2 Duo) with a 250G hard drive. I’ve purchased a 1TB Time Machine, which I love, and recently an AppleTV, wireless mouse, and magic trackpad. My wife ... (7 Comments)
12/28/10
Hi, Garry, I have home video of my last vacation that I want to share with my brother in Miami. The video files is about 5GB and I would like to know if I can use my MobileMe to do that. MObileMe allows me to upload a large file (more than 5GB) and allows me to share with other ... (1 Comment)
12/28/10
I have an alienware laptop that has rendered me unable to have children and is good at cooking oatmeal in the morning. Even my Mac G5 is toasty. My Ipad is a fantastic machine capable of anything I want it to do except world of Warcraft. Best toy I’ve ever had. So with all ... (6 Comments)
12/28/10
I have a setup of an external monitor with my 13′ macbook pro. I recently got my hands on an additional third monitor that was almost free. I was wondering if it was possible to hook up two external monitors at the same time and what the best method for doing this is. Thank ... (3 Comments)
12/27/10
A friend’s given me an applescript which he says will allow a Numbers cell to be formatted as a clickable link to a file on my hard disk. My question is, how do I use the script in Numbers to make it part of the menubar or format drop down or whatever ... (1 Comment)
12/27/10
I recently just got an iPad, I also use a Mac mini in the living room on the tv, which I’ve always used mobile mouse pro (previously air mouse) on my iPhone to control it and be my mouse and keyboard, which I love, well now I would like to use my iPad but I’m ... (1 Comment)
12/26/10
I bought the new Apple TV and it worked great for sometime. Now it will only stream Netflix. I have the home sharing on on my imac and apple TV, but it still doesn’t work with itunes at all. I have it all updated and restarted them both several times, still will not work. ... (4 Comments)
12/26/10
Dear MacMost team How do I update my apps in iTunes automatically. I am already using your scrip for “UpdateAllPodcasts” (http://macmost.com/schedule-podcast-updating-with-applescript.html) – it’s simply great! How do I do the same for my Apps? First, I ... (4 Comments)
12/26/10
Hi. We gave my daughter an Ipod Touch for Christmas. When I set it up the first time I put her age (8). Now its telling me I can’t set up ITunes account for her because she is too young. Is there anyway to change this? I will be monitoring her account and adding things to ... (11 Comments)
12/26/10
Hi macmost, i leave in Berlin i See all your Videos And i must say that you are 1 of the few who knows what he is Talking about. my Problem is that when i put Clips on a Song with Beat Markers; At the beginning is ok every Things Match but After a While, (me choosing the ... (1 Comment)
12/24/10
I received as a gift a CD containing a book. When I inserted the CD in my mac it showed the file as an .htm file and firefox was the default program that opened. The book appears fine and all the pictures and text are intact. I don’t want to have to put the CD in my ... (2 Comments)
12/24/10
CS5 Master Collection came with 257 fonts in the Goodies folder. How do I install them? Some say just drag them into /Library/Fonts, others say use Fontbook (it’s like iTunes for fonts??), and still others say to just double-click the fonts and they will auto install ... (2 Comments)
12/24/10
Hi, Gary. I have a problem. My brother and I have a Macbook. I have some IT knowledge (enough for my own Macbook) but my brother (who lives in Miami (I live in Toronto, Canada) does not nothing about IT. Yesterday he called me because his macbook is so slow and is having some ... (1 Comment)
12/24/10
I plan on selling my existing iphone 3GS as I will upgrade to new iphone4. What are the necessary steps I should take before handing it off to potential buyer? Also, in many of the email inquiries I am getting for my phone I am getting asked if the phone is unlocked/jailbroken? I ... (7 Comments)
12/23/10
I am switching from Windows to Mac. It has been a well, worth while change. My question is; in Windows File exploere, I can sellect mutliple images, right click and print to any size I want. I can’t find anywhere on the mac to do this. Can someone help ... (1 Comment)