You probably know that you can use Command+Space and then type the first few letters of an app’s name, then Return to launch it when it appears as the top hit. But you can also use the initials of multi-word app names. So qp for QuickTime Player, fm for Find My and mw for Microsoft Word. It even works with gb for GarageBand, recognizing the capital B in the name.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- How To Set Any Sound File As a Ringtone On Your iPhone
- How To Make and Export a Slideshow On Your iPhone
- How To Login To Your Mac If Your Keyboard Isn't Working
- Run Personal Automation Shortcuts Automatically In iOS 14
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- 4 Ways To Type Fractions On a Mac
- How To Add a Clock To Your Mac Desktop
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
Copyright © 2006-2021 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.