You probably know that you can use Command+Space and then type the first few letters of an app’s name, then Return to launch it when it appears as the top hit. But you can also use the initials of multi-word app names. So qp for QuickTime Player, fm for Find My and mw for Microsoft Word. It even works with gb for GarageBand, recognizing the capital B in the name.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
- Mac Basics
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security
- Videos by Category
- Video Archive
- MacMost Online Courses
- Virus and Malware Information Center
- Protect Yourself From Online Scams
- A Graphical Guide To iCloud
- Free iPhone Ringtones
- Recommended Products
- Printable Mac Keyboard Shortcuts PDF
- macOS System Requirements List
Copyright © 2006-2022 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.