In addition to setting the background image of the desktop, you can also set the background of a folder to an image or color. Open the folder in the Finder. Set the view to “as Icons.” Then choose View, Show View Options. You should see a Background setting which you can change from White to Color or Picture. Set it to Picture and drag and drop any image into the “Drag image here” area.
Welcome to MacMost
Free MacMost Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Learn More From MacMost
Connect with MacMost
- Finder Hints and Shortcuts
- iMovie Basics
- Using the Keynote Presenter Display
- Creating Transparent Images With Pixelmator
- Restoring Lost Dock and Finder Items
- Macmost Now 2: MacBook Mobile Access
- Using Filters In Numbers
- Using a Microphone With Your Mac
- Filling In the Sides of Vertical Video in iMovie
- Cutting Out Part Of an Image With Preview
Copyright © 2006-2017 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.