MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

3/24/16
At some point I made a serious typo in completing an email feed, and now this incorrect entry auto-completes when I begin typing my correct email address. If I don’t click the “x” to make it disappear, then it will insert the typo’d email address, ... (2 Comments)
3/24/16
I remember years ago there was a way to lock a PDF file and only allow it to be printed. This was great for e-signing a document and sending it on. Nobody down the line could alter the document or remove your sig without the password. This would be great with Preview but I cannot ... (3 Comments)
3/24/16
I installed a new SSD drive in my 2004 iMac and it was running awesome for about 3 months….now it is really starting to slow down again. I don’t think it is the SSD drive but more to do with the RAM. I maxed it out at 4 GIG but when I’m running Safari, all of a ... (3 Comments)
3/20/16
Remove Mackeeper, but some segments still appear on screen at various times? —– Thomas Houlihan ... (5 Comments)
3/19/16
I can’t find a particular numbers file. How would I search an entire hard drive to list every numbers file there? —– Dennis ... (1 Comment)
3/18/16
I have made a collection of Keynote photo screenshows. Each Keynote has been exported to QuickTime. These I have copied and moved into iTunes on the Mac and then on to my iPad Air 2. From there the screenshows can be viewed via our Apple TV. I may have mentioned this to you ... (1 Comment)
3/18/16
I have a folder in finder thats named “davehoff” with all my saved stuff ( which I regularly back up) that same folder is on my desktop and they seem connected..if I try to put one in the trash, I cannot read the files in the one that is left ..so can I eliminate the ... (5 Comments)
3/17/16
When I attach pdf or jpg file to an email message, I cannot find the markup button so I can add my signature. I am using OS X 10.11.3. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance. —– Kateri Dupuis ... (2 Comments)
3/17/16
can you advise if I can instantly record incoming calls —– tom ... (1 Comment)
3/17/16
How Do I Close a Web Page If There Is No Small “X” In the Title Bar (not Even a Hidden One) and There Is No Back Arrow Option? I am using el capitan and safari and often, when I open up a few web pages, one on top of another, I get a page that does not allow me to ... (1 Comment)
3/17/16
How do I encrypt a pdf using a Mac? I have Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, but it does not allow me to use that feature. —– Patrick ... (5 Comments)
3/17/16
I would like to rearrange the icons in my Top Sites page —– Wayne Barbuto ... (1 Comment)
3/17/16
Have PSE ver. 4. Installed El Capitan on Macbook. Got a message PSE4 was incompatible. What is the oldest version of PSE compatible with El Capitan. I’ve tried to search and can’t find. —– Lynda Farabee ... (4 Comments)
3/16/16
Received a file from client in an .opx file format. Looking for a conversion tool for Mac or a solution that will open file. —– Donna ... (1 Comment)
3/15/16
I’m making a self playing Keynote memorial presentation for my uncle to be shared on iCloud to family and friends around the country. I’m playing a couple of his favorite songs in the background. I have one slide 2/3rds through with a video with sound shot with my ... (1 Comment)
3/14/16
My son has received a replacement iPhone 5c, as his has a defective speaker. We are preparing to follow Verizon’s instructions for erasing his old phone and activating his new one. But one detail is unclear. Do we remove the SIM card from his old phone before we erase ... (4 Comments)
3/12/16
I unintentionally deleted Reminders App from my iphone. I love that app and want to re-install. I did a search in the App Store and didn’t find it. I’d love to get this app back on my phone, but how? Thank you! Janet —– Janet ... (2 Comments)
3/6/16
I presently use GoToMyPC to screen share between my Mac and a remote PC which has GoToMyPC installed. I would like to be able to do the same thing between my Mac and a remote PC which does not have GoToMyPC installed using the Screen Share via Messages App feature. Is it ... (1 Comment)
3/4/16
I am using iMac El Capitan and want to erase downloads. —– Max Gallinger ... (2 Comments)
3/3/16
How do I extend the formulas and results on a previously established Amoritazation Schedule so I can continue into the future? —– Dunham Swift ... (1 Comment)