MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

4/10/16
Page.app V5.6.1 Is there any way to make new objects, text boxes, shapes, imported graphics… to have Arrange > Text Wrap : None? Or keyboard shortcut? —– Mark ... (3 Comments)
4/10/16
Since my IMac died I have temporarily bought an iPad Pro for when I am traveling, and the more I use it the more I like it, Except that I miss the big screen for photo editing, and I had some good programs on it for editing photos, one thing I’m having problems with is ... (2 Comments)
4/9/16
I cannot seem to get coupons to print from coupons.com, walmart or smartsource. The sites say they cannot find my printer or just do nothing. I used to have no trouble on my HP. Is it a firewall issue? —– Angela Donna ... (1 Comment)
4/9/16
Adobe has issued a security alert for Flash Player – I’m not sure where to find it on my iMac or iPad and is it the same as Shockwave Flash? I’ve done a search but neither one shows up. —– Terri K. ... (2 Comments)
4/8/16
Is there a way to create a keyboard shortcut to insert the date and time? —– Michael O. ... (1 Comment)
4/8/16
Since the Photos application replaced iPhoto I have the considerable annoyance of it over-riding my Photoshop Bridge preferences to launch Adobe Photo Downloader automatically when a camera or card is connected. I am running El Capitan. I don’t use Photos and its preferences ... (2 Comments)
4/7/16
I would like to delete photos from my iphone. However, if I delete them on my iphone they disappear from Photos as well. I would like to save storage on my iphone by say, deleting all photos and videos before a certain date. I know I can do this using preview, but I don’t ... (3 Comments)
4/7/16
I have a single Time Capsule I use at home. It is used as a Time Machine for five Macs (MBP and 4 MBA). I am considering replacing the MBP with a newer model. The four MBA are for my children and and these are used for school more than anything else. I’d like to ... (6 Comments)
4/4/16
I have hundreds of family photos taken at my mother’s house, or sister’s, or mine. Many of the photos are coming from scans of paper photos, so GPS info is not available. It would be a cool feature to be able to find my address in the location field, and then rename ... (4 Comments)
4/4/16
I’m looking for advice on which iTunes music library cleaner/organizer is the best. I have about 8,000 songs that need to be deduped, some of them need to be placed in the right artist and album folder, others are missing album artwork. Basically, they are just a bit ... (3 Comments)
4/3/16
Trying to add a note or sketch to my photo. —– Mary ... (1 Comment)
4/2/16
Everytime I type my sons name, Sam into IOS, it changes it to SAM or SAMs depending on what I’m typing. I keep changing it but it makes no difference. This has happened since my old iPad 4 and my new iPad air 2. Drives me potty, how can I fix please. Thanks in advance ... (2 Comments)
4/2/16
I want to re-install a fresh installation of OS X. Do i need to create a boot disk and install from there or can i just restore from the hard disk. Is there a difference? —– John Jones ... (3 Comments)
3/31/16
I have a ipad air 2,should I get anti virus for it? —– tom ... (1 Comment)
3/31/16
Interested in getting a vpn for my ipad air 2 for overseas travel.Can anybody recommend any? —– tom ... (1 Comment)
3/31/16
I have blocked a “spam” email MULTIPLE times…over 9 so far and yet I still continue to receive them. This has been going on for months. I have reported it, I have unsubscribed but yet I still receive the emails from this individual who is touting some work at ... (3 Comments)
3/30/16
Location Services no longer works on my iMAC and iPod Touch since I moved three months ago. I am not located nearby any other WiFi networks so location services cannot triangulate my current location. In the past you could update your physical location by Latitude and Longitude ... (4 Comments)
3/30/16
For a number of years I have used Neat to scan and store receipts, documents, etc. Well, neat is going away from desktop scan storage and they want to charge to use their cloud. Has anyone found an alternative to go paperless? —– Dennis ... (4 Comments)
3/30/16
My Mac mini late 2012 frequently shows the spinning ball, takes over a minute to boot up, just feels a wee bit sluggish. Do I really need to create a boot disk to reinstall a fresh copy of the OS? —– John jones ... (4 Comments)
3/28/16
At present I drag on the mouse, to move the scroll bar on the mac window. Is there any way to make this automatic, so I don’t have to keep dragging to move content from the bottom of the window to the top? With lots of text in a document, it would make reading much easier ... (1 Comment)