MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

3/3/16
In MacMail, how do you set up a default account for sending all your out going mail. El Capitan 10.11.3 iMac Retina 5k Late 2015 —– Terri K. ... (5 Comments)
3/3/16
Covered once before but I can’t find it on the site. Every time I charge my phone on my Mac Mini not only iTunes opens but also photos. How can I stop Photos from opening when iTunes does? —– Douglas ... (2 Comments)
3/3/16
By mistake, I added a word to the dictionary. Instead of “the,” I added the spelling “hte.” I want to take this out of the dictionary but cannot find a method to do so. —– Barbara ... (4 Comments)
3/3/16
Gary, many of us are scanning old photos and slides these days and then importing them into Photos. They then end up going, at least, into the “Photos” and “All Photos” albums – usually placed with the day of import’s date. I try to remember ... (2 Comments)
3/2/16
I have 5 Keynote slideshows I want to burn to DVD. Have managed to save to iCloud Keynote and can play them on my iPad (Air 2) successfully. So they should play Ok to TV via Apple TV here at home. However, I still need to burn to DVD, hopefully without much loss of colour via ... (1 Comment)
3/2/16
On several trips into Canada, my iPhone has prompted me to update carrier settings. I declined each time, because I was connected to a Canadian carrier, and I was afraid it might mess up my phone. But then I wondered if carrier settings are meant to be limited only to ... (2 Comments)
3/1/16
So I’m using Numbers v3.2.2 on Mavericks (10.9.5). The issue I’m having is – when I select the Filter Table option under a particular column, it is not showing all of the filter options that are actually in the cells of that column. It’s a light data ... (3 Comments)
2/29/16
Hi, How can I open a new or change my existing iCloud email address? —– Abraham Gluck ... (1 Comment)
2/27/16
Pages version after 4.3 (’09) seems to have lost the ability to set larger document margins at the center of facing pages as might be desirable for binding or hole punching. Currently, versions 5.6.x permits exporting to version ’09, but that seems crude just to ... (1 Comment)
2/25/16
I need to know how to do the following in Mail (Thunderbird does this but I need to use Mail): How do I color-code email in the inbox with different colors representing user-determined categories such as IMPORTANT, OFFICE, PERSONAL for example, so that I can then search by color ... (4 Comments)
2/25/16
I have a long list of bookmarks in Safari and I am starting to have trouble finding the names of some as quickly as I would like. I haven’t found an easy way to sort them; like maybe in alphabetical order. This would be very helpful to me if I could sort ... (3 Comments)
2/25/16
When I tried to eject an external hard drive, a dialogue box popped up saying it wasn’t ejected because one or more programs may be using it. I’ve tried closing apps, and logging out and back in again. Still get same message when trying to eject. Is there a way to see ... (2 Comments)
2/22/16
How do I get Finder to sort items by name? —– Starrdrdr ... (3 Comments)
2/22/16
I’m using iMovie ’11 (ver 9.0.9). I want to use the Tickertape title to have the words of a song run along the bottom of the screen as the song plays. Problem is that I lose about a dozen words at the end – I’ve tried copying the words and typing them, ... (2 Comments)
2/20/16
I want to print 4 copies of passport sized photos on my iMac but can’t see how to do this. I can see how to print multiple photos on one page, but not if usage a single image. (El capitan and photo) —– Rob H ... (2 Comments)
2/19/16
Why do some iPad’s running iOS 9.2.1 say ‘Camera Roll’ and other users iPad’s say ‘All Photos’ for the same cache? I’m suspicious the Settings – Photos are different regarding iCloud selections. —– Lauri ... (2 Comments)
2/18/16
Have been trying to use find and replace on yosemite version. The find the comma works, but there isn’t a way to replace the comma’s with the return key. I need this for the purposes of entering the information into separate cells on the numbers spreadsheet. Any way ... (2 Comments)
2/18/16
I have lost the automatic autofill function for sending email addresses for new messages in Yahoo Mail using Yosemite. The Yahoo Mail account has access to iCloud and Yahoo Contacts. I used to be able to type in a last name after “TO” in the Compose and get the ... (3 Comments)
2/17/16
I am using Numbers to help with my payroll. 1.If a number in column D is 150, then I want F to say INS. 2.If a number in column E is 25 or greater, I want column F to say 25. 3.If a number in column E is less than 25, I want column F to say whatever that number is. I can get it ... (1 Comment)
2/15/16
Recently purchased Mac Book Pro 13″ with El Capitan. Transferred all files from Time Machine onto the new laptop from my old desktop. Since then, all previously marked JUNK mail is coming into Junk on my iPhone6. I would prefer it comes into Mail Junk on my Mac Book. I use ... (3 Comments)