MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

5/29/13
I would like my “Web Receipts” folder to appear under the favorites column when I choose “move to” when saving a PDF in Preview. —– Eric Byrne ... (2 Comments)
5/24/13
Hi, how would you add a plus sign before a positive number in Numbers? Showing % changes and would like to have minus and plus signs for easy reference Thanks :) —– Drew ... (1 Comment)
5/21/13
I am making a document in numbers (not a numerical document)and I need to turn a heading sideways so it reads down the side of the page for graphic interest. Can this be done in a cell or only by making a new document, writing the text, making a screenshot of the text, turning it ... (2 Comments)
5/19/13
My iMac runs OS X 10.8.3 Mountain Lion without anti virus, and I have seen a lot of speculation on the Internet that as Adobe is such an intrusive programme, it poses a security risk. I find a lot of internet sites require it however, the latest being a weather forecast. Is it ... (6 Comments)
5/13/13
I am creating a Keynote presentation and are sizing the image at 1280-720. However, is there a suggested resolution size (300/150/etc.) for the images? Thanks. —– Bernie Saunders ... (2 Comments)
5/12/13
Is there a way of clipping just a selection on a Mac screen, or know of any Apps that offer this. I’m also looking for this functionality on my iPad. Many thanks in advance. —– Mary Frantzoulou (UK) ... (6 Comments)
5/12/13
I am trying to create a fashion type magazine with Pages. I would like to extend a photo across two pages. The Pages version I’m working with is OS.X 10.83. I am new to this software so thank you for any help. —– Dominic ... (1 Comment)
5/12/13
Is there any way of using Terminal to unmount and remount a USB device with out removing it from the Mac? —– Nilesh Parmar ... (1 Comment)
5/10/13
When opening Pages on an iMac, how do I get the blank, new document to show immediately, and not the “iCloud for Pages grey box”? —– Barbara Baker ... (3 Comments)
5/8/13
I would like to make waterfall charts with some data without buying expensive add ins is there a way to do this? —– AR ... (1 Comment)
5/3/13
I have a numbers sheet that has multiple tables in it. Is there a way to just print one table from the sheet? When I print preview it shows all tables. —– Todd Rock ... (2 Comments)
5/2/13
Some of my trusted web sites have a warning that comes down that says something like does not have a “certificate”, do you want to continue. An option is to show certificate. What is this certificate?? Is it important….thanks…read you site daily…love ... (2 Comments)
5/1/13
I added a Time Machine last night to back up my computer, and have completed the first backup overnight. I would now like to change how often backups take place. Since I don’t work on critical documents all day, every day, I would like to set the Time Machine to perform ... (4 Comments)
4/30/13
When I create a doc in Pages, my clients cannot open them. How can I convert to Word w/o buying Word? —– Marilyn ... (5 Comments)
4/29/13
Hi Gary I have been given a DVD of my boys football match by the other team and would like to make copies for all my team is there a quick way to copy the DVD .i have an iMac running mountain lion Many thanks Simon —– Simon ... (1 Comment)
4/29/13
i would like to change how a folder looks i.e. they are all blue can i change the colour or write on them or even in there respective tags —– colin ... (3 Comments)
4/24/13
I use Apple Mail. I used to use Outlook. I miss many of the Outlook features, e.g., when replying to an email, any interlineating in the original text would result in an automatic different color, preceded by the name of the editor. It would also quote the prior text and show all ... (3 Comments)
4/23/13
This other user in the login screen is what I wish to get rid of. Recently I had to change our login password which is also our admin password and this “other” appeared in the login screen. Before I changed the password this guest user sat in “users and ... (4 Comments)
4/23/13
How do you clean usb ports on mac book pro? —– JEFF ... (2 Comments)
4/19/13
Gary, I will have my RAM changed from 4 to 8GB by an authorized Apple Service Center. I did not deauthorize the MacBook Pro on iTunes prior to sending it in for service. It had not occurred to me to do so. Presently, I have three computers authorized, out of the five allowed on ... (5 Comments)