Check out Creating Custom Keyboard Shortcuts on a Mac at YouTube for closed captioning and more options.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly NewsletterWant all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
All MacMost Shorts...
MacMost Online Courses
Connect with MacMost
- Mac Basics
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security
- Videos by Category
- Video Archive
- MacMost Online Courses
- Virus and Malware Information Center
- Protect Yourself From Online Scams
- A Graphical Guide To iCloud
- Free iPhone Ringtones
- Recommended Products
- Printable Mac Keyboard Shortcuts PDF
- macOS System Requirements List
- The Practical Guide To Mac Security: Part 5, Security Questions
- How To Use ChatGPT To Learn Things
- The 7 Skills You Need To Learn To Master Numbers
- Tips for Naming Files on Your Mac
- How To Prevent Watch-And-Grab iPhone Theft
- How To Retouch and Repair Photos on a Mac
- How To Use ChatGPT To Help You Write
- How To Block or Allow Pop-Ups in Safari on a Mac
Copyright © 2006-2023 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
To help keyboard shortcut clashes, some use the free app, Karabiner, (https://karabiner-elements.pqrs.org/), which can reassign keys. You can create a ‘hyper key ’, equivalent to pressing ⌘ ⌥ ⌃ ⇧, by reassigning, say, the left Caps Lock key. You can combine this with letters, that would otherwise clash. There’s a library of downloadable reassignments, including this one, https://ke-complex-modifications.pqrs.org/#modifier-keys