MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

1/23/11
I have tried twice to transfer my itunes library to an external hard drive using the Organize Library command after I have redirected iTunes to look for music on the new hard drive. (The number of songs exceeds 20,000.) Both times the command has stopped in the middle due to ... (1 Comment)
1/23/11
I’m unable to use video & audio chat in Gtalk accounts using iChat. Can u explain this a bit more. —– N m ... (3 Comments)
1/23/11
Is Time Capsule Wi- Fi connection reach extendable using a Airport Extreme base station ? —– N m ... (2 Comments)
1/23/11
I have SonicWALL appliances at the office, and have the SonicWALL VPN client on my PC laptop which connects seamlessly to my office network when I am on the road. The MAC client info on SonicWALL’s website is not compatible with my (latest) version of SnowLeopard. I had ...
1/23/11
After running Disk Utility, in the info window their were Two “permissions” that were not repairable, they read…. 1) Warning:SUIDfile”System/Libraries/­CoreServices/­RemoteManagment/­ ... (1 Comment)
1/22/11
I have installed all of the above and when I try to run them, they crash. If I login to another account on the iMac, they work. How can I fix the account that they crash under? I am running the most current version of MacOs. —– Tom Digate ... (1 Comment)
1/22/11
Can you put out a video on the step by step process to load Win.7 in Mac.? Also the pro’s. & cons. of using Win.7 with Mac.? Furthermore, your recommendation please on the best vertical angle screen I can use with Mac.? —– N m ... (1 Comment)
1/22/11
I am at 10.6.6 and now I keep losing AIM server connection after ~10 minutes of connection. Was ok in 10.6.3. Any suggestions to resolve this? —– Gary Turner ... (1 Comment)
1/21/11
I tried to input a recurring all-day calendar entry that starts on March 12 and ends on April 1. When I select Done to record it the Cal app saves it as ending on April 2. Deleted and rentered 10 times with the same result. The some cruel joke that Apple is playing on ... (1 Comment)
1/21/11
I’m using Smart Folders to search for “recent documents”. IS there a way to setup the search criteria to show multiple types of documents in the “recent documents” search folder?? Right now it seems I can only have one type of document in the search ... (1 Comment)
1/21/11
I have a MobileMe and a Google Apps gmail account. Via the web interface, I have tied the gmail account to my MobileMe account as an alias. I can send mail from the gmail account via the MobileMe web interface. However, when I go into Mail.app and try to send from this gmail ... (3 Comments)
1/21/11
I put in a CD, b/c I wanted to import it into iTunes, and it told me that iTunes suggests I use a 1024×768 Display. So I had to change my Display, and now everything’s out of whack. I mean the picture’s distorted. Why do they insist that I use a 1024×768 ... (3 Comments)
1/20/11
Ive had my macbook pro for a few years now and I tend to have a lot of movies and shows on it. As a result Ive filled the storage and removed files to leave about 40% free space mainly deleting nearly all of my large video files. After stumbling upon a video I thought I deleted ... (3 Comments)
1/20/11
I have 3 columns of values. Column A & B I have entered values. Column C I want the formula to be C1=A1-B1, C2=A2-B2, and so on. BUT I don’t want to have to go down Column C and enter the formula for each cell. How do I make a subtraction formula that will calculate all ... (6 Comments)
1/20/11
Not that it’s a serious problem or anything but I’d like the default first slide in any them in Keynote to be Blank, instead of the Title and Subtitle slide that always pops up? Is this easily customisable? —– Dhruv ... (2 Comments)
1/20/11
In iTunes I’ve selected sync of contacts. I’ve chosen All contacts and no selection made in the Advanced section. On my MacBookPro i have 2 contacts in the book. When I ask iTunes to go ahead it seems it prepare for the sync, goes through some steps (at least it what ... (3 Comments)
1/19/11
While exporting a Keynote presentation to PPT, I’m getting a message “Export Warning – Text with font shadows will look different.” I’ve scanned the slide but can’t find where I’ve used the shadow effect on text. Is there any way of ... (1 Comment)
1/19/11
Trying to rename a bunch of folders with the name of images inside the folder with automator. EXAMPLE: Before Action> Folder Name: 2008photo Name of the file inside this folder: design12 After Action> Folder Name: design12 Name of the file inside this folder: design12 Any ... (5 Comments)
1/18/11
I followed the video on how to set up a slideshow but how do I email a slideshows. Not to flicker, facebook etc. Just to friends. I have a MacBookPro Snow Leopard. —– Natalie Becker ... (3 Comments)
1/18/11
How do you share photos with the titles/labeling/GEO tagging, ect. attached to the photos in iPhoto? I wanted to share a few albums with my son’s MacBook so I did “Sharing” in iPhoto and the pictures transfer but you can’t see the title or the ... (6 Comments)