MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

12/9/10
I just want to know if Apple check’s if all members are living in the same place using MobileMe FAmily Pack. My family is considering buying one but we live in separate houses…maybe if we went to different cities? Regards! —– Márcio Veiga ... (1 Comment)
12/9/10
I have a problem to search for events recorded one year prior to present date in the calender of the iPhone 3 or 4 . It is great disappointment if we cannot. It is basic function in all phones . Thank you —– M zaibag ... (1 Comment)
12/8/10
Hi Gary,ive been doing projects with iMovie for a while but now I want to add an image to the start of the video which would be made in paintshop pro beforehand. The image would contain a tournament table (quarterfinals to finals) as the main image that would appear on the video ... (3 Comments)
12/8/10
Gary, I want to backup my photos, I found the original and modified folders. The photos in iphoto (originals and modified) are in the two folders? —– Mauricio Bernabo ... (1 Comment)
12/8/10
On Pages 09, I have a bunch of points and random facts, separated by paras. I want to number the paras but when I highlight all and generate the Number List, it marks the blank spaces between text paras as numbers as well. I could, of course, keep deleting the blank paras one by ... (1 Comment)
12/6/10
I have bought an iPhone from last two months and i have felt anything regarding the transferring my iPhone stuff to the computer system. But i guess i should have a backup now. Anything can happen any time, I mean i cannot even think about loosing this phone. Anyway, So i just ... (1 Comment)
12/6/10
Hey, guys! I am a man trapped in an unpleasant issue and have to print most of my SMS to prove my innocence. Some pals tell me that I can transfer/back up them in PC and then print them. I am upset and helpless, cuz I don’t how to do the transferring job. Really appreciate ur ... (1 Comment)
12/6/10
I just bought a Sony Bloggie HD camera TS20. Sony’s software for this product is NOT Mac compatible, but Sony told me that it will work with Quicktime. Guess what – I can’t make that happen. I can however upload via iMovie. How else can I upload videos from ... (5 Comments)
12/4/10
Hey gary I recently bought a Airport Extreme and I am wanting to connect a network drive to it using the USB port. I know this can be done, but I am curious as to if I can back up that “network drive” using time machine that is physically connected to my iMac. ... (1 Comment)
12/4/10
Hi, I created a transparent watermark and added it to my project. The problem is that when I click on “fit” it creates a black background. How do I get rid of the black background? I know that there’s no actual background on the file because when I click on ... (12 Comments)
12/3/10
I just bought an Apple TV. It is hooked up with a hdmi/dvi cable , everything works fine except there is no sound.I’ve been told the dvi hook-up does not support audio.(wish I would have been told).How do you use the audio jack on the apple tv? —– Mark ... (2 Comments)
12/2/10
I am having my a problem with my airport extreme wireless router. I plug my ethernet cable that’s running from my dsl modem into it and the light still flashes orange and will not show up in my wireless networks. I’ve tried reseting my modem, unplugging everything and ... (3 Comments)
12/2/10
I have some footage of someone being interviewed, and once in a while in the background I can hear someone else talking and it’s pretty loud. Is there a way to eliminate or at least reduce the sound of the person in the background talking? The problem is that both people ... (1 Comment)
12/2/10
If I’m using “Private” mode in Safari how is it that “Youtube” can make recommendations based on the websites I just visited? That doesn’t seem very “Private” to me. —– Bruce ... (3 Comments)
12/2/10
Title says it. I’d like to make some panoramic shots (360˚) of rooms in a house. I have iPhoto, of course, and also Photoshop Elements 6 which i haven’t used. Can I do it with what I’ve got, or should i get some other app? —– Kirk ... (1 Comment)
12/2/10
When I tried the “Control+F2” to allow for keyboard control of menu features in Finder, it would not work. I followed the instructions in Podcast 169 to the letter, but I cannot get the short cut to work. —– D. Nickerson ... (1 Comment)
12/2/10
Having monster garage sale on Saturday (day after tomorrow). Attempting to sell 5 legacy MACS, it’s a MAC Parade starting with a Classic from 1991 (9″ screen and still boots up!) through an iBook clamshell (aka toilet seat) laptop running 10.3. Have potential buyer ... (1 Comment)
12/2/10
Hello,how are you doing? I want to backup my some data:(photos, movies, documents,etc) I want to get Time Capsule but I hear lot bad reviews and it very pricey. Which is the best alternative for backup data: Online or USB Flash Drive or others alternative? Also What kind USB ... (1 Comment)
12/2/10
My teacher is bringing her MacBook and iMac in and wants me to transfer everything over i am going to be using migration assistant what cables can I use for this transfer? —– Colin ... (1 Comment)
12/2/10
On my MacBook Pro, something is making a bloop like something dropped into water, sort of. How can I tell what did that? Is there a way to get uses of the speaker logged by app or window or something so when one happens I can see who spoke recently? Leo Notenboom sent me to you ... (2 Comments)