MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

10/26/10
i’m using a macbook.it’s my first time actually. i love iMovie, i began uploading videos on youtube since i started using it..now here’ the qestion…how do i upload videos from photobooth in youtube? i also tried editing it on iMovie but i don’t know ... (1 Comment)
10/26/10
I keep getting extra shared drives in finder sidebar. Sometimes they are there, sometimes they’re not. Not always the same. Any help as to why thats happening or how I can get rid of it would be appreciated. I have an iMac (2008) using a Time Capsule. (I have a screen ... (1 Comment)
10/26/10
I am trying to make an automated workflow where I can record a file using Apple’s Voice Memo program on my iPhone 4, sync it, and then have the files from that folder in iTunes be moved to a public folder on me.com or somewhere else. If you have any great suggestions on ... (2 Comments)
10/26/10
I am a new MobileMe trial user with 1 Mac (10.6.4) & 1 iPhone 4 (iOS 4.1). I have a few queries:- ... (9 Comments)
10/25/10
I’m new to macs and new to spreadsheets, and have looked at tutorials all day and can’t figure out this one thing. Is there a way to do a running total in one cell? I’m working on a family budget, and looking back at our expenditures over the past 12 months, ... (13 Comments)
10/25/10
Hi Gary, recently ive started to upload 1080p videos onto my youtube page but after doing all the editing on iMovie, they take forever to upload on Youtube by either the share option(something like 10+ hours) or by extracting then uploading onto Youtube(around 9-10h). The videos ... (4 Comments)
10/25/10
I made a iMovie video, and used share>youtube option to share, and it went ahead asked me for my youtube account info and everything went fine. It took some time to make the video and then took some time to upload it. Upon completion I got the message that the video was uploaded, ... (2 Comments)
10/25/10
I have inherited a first generation 1.83 GHz MacBook with 1.25 gb. of memory. It’s pretty slow, and what I am planning on doing is using it as a media server. Do you have any suggestions on what might be done cheaply to speed it up a bit? —– Todd A. ... (1 Comment)
10/24/10
Ok, I’m wanting to enter the online gaming market (Star Trek Online to be specific) and I’m curious if it’s possible to play games like that on a Mac? I’ve read suggestions about bootcamp and such, but I’m not that familiar with how to do something ... (1 Comment)
10/24/10
Hi so I just watched the how-to video, but my mac doesn’t have the facebook option under “share.” I was wondering if anyone can help me?? —– Kait ... (1 Comment)
10/24/10
Which is the best way to upgrade RAM for MacBook replace it from apple store or buy one from the internet? are there any different between the two rames as in performance? —– Medio ... (1 Comment)
10/23/10
Hi Gary, is there a program I can download that I could use to record Skype conversations from the other end? tried using quicktime X but i would need to adjust the volume quite high to get a good result so the internal microphone would record the sound. I am more focused in ... (7 Comments)
10/23/10
I have a friend that is having an issue with FaceTime. He can’t get it to work and he can’t even select or access the preferences for it. Does anyone else having these issues and can give me an idea how I can tell him to fix it and get it going —– Paul ... (3 Comments)
10/22/10
Good Morning All. With profound apologies if these questions have been previously addressed . . . Like many of you, I have “upgraded” several preloaded apps that came with my newly-purchased I Phone 4. Also, like many of you, I now have on my I Phone 4 two very ... (1 Comment)
10/22/10
Why do some fonts which Font Book says are valid, and Text Edit will use with no problem NOT work in Pages? —– Kirk Edgar Aplin ... (3 Comments)
10/22/10
Greetings…. a perplexing and irritating problem with the languages dictionary. I work with text in two languages and when I choose the second (French), Pages insists on reverting to the first (British English). I have already tried to reset system preferences language ... (1 Comment)
10/22/10
Will the aol emails that I write & send on my iPad show up in my SENT mailbox on my IMAC computer? —– Carolyn H. ... (1 Comment)
10/21/10
I know that pictures not on camera roll can only be deleted through iTunes, but I have been trying (unsuccessfully) to un-sync a photo album using iTunes, but once the sync is complete, and I go back to check, the album is still there. I’m thinking that maybe something is ... (9 Comments)
10/21/10
I am a die hard mac fan, but I love games, which are mostly for PC only. I want to dual boot, but I cannot shell out $175 for a copy of windows 7. Do you know where I can get a cheaper copy??? —– Will Galloway ... (2 Comments)
10/21/10
Anyone know what bird is pictured on the “stamp” associated with OS X Mail? —– Kirk Edgar Aplin ... (4 Comments)