MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

10/21/10
How do you make images stay as images in a signature for your emails and not change to attachments with the receiver? When I past a jpeg or PDF file in my signature box, so people can see my company logo, it looks fine on my computer, even if I email myself but people who have a ... (4 Comments)
10/21/10
A while back you posted a company that buys used cell phones. Would you please list it again. thanks, —– Peter ... (2 Comments)
10/20/10
I have a 2010 mid-year 17″ MacBook Pro. I want to disable, or turn off the internal microphone. How do I do this? I tired to turn it off in “System Preferences” but that doesn’t work. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank ... (10 Comments)
10/20/10
I love magicprefs, and I’m not sure if this is a problem with the program itself, or with OSX.. but I have magicprefs set to autoload for my profile (I share the computer with the fam, and not all of them use it..) and sometimes it does, and sometimes it doesn’t. I ... (1 Comment)
10/20/10
I have some files and folders that I cannot delete, whatever I try, what could be the problem? —– Thomas ... (3 Comments)
10/20/10
Hey Gary I am trying to get audio through the “line-in” on my Mac. I changed setting of audio in to line-in in sound system preferences. When I choose audio input: line-in, and audio output: internal speakers, I get no sound. (Trying to get sound from a video camera, ... (7 Comments)
10/19/10
I’ve been trying to locate a game my kids use to play the demo version of years ago called BonkHeads. The only full version I can find is for Mac, but before I grab a copy, how do I know if it will run on my iMac with Leopard 10.5x? The game was published in 1997 which I ... (2 Comments)
10/19/10
LCD screen does not light up but Ipod is working perfectly. What can be done and can it be fixed. Version 3.1.3 —– Jan ... (1 Comment)
10/18/10
Somehow my iMac lost contact with my PowerBook, and created a new name for it with the designation PowerBook (2). Is there a way I can change this to just PowerBook, or anything else? —– Kirk Edgar Aplin ... (3 Comments)
10/18/10
Hello, I would like to know if there is a shortcut to focus the toolbar search box. Searched pretty much everywhere and wasn’t able to find an answer. If there isn’t one, could I set up an Automator action to do just that? Thanks —– João Mesquita ... (3 Comments)
10/18/10
I am new to mac, got my new Macbook Pro last Wednesday (10/13/10). I love it. I came across rumors for new OS potential release soon, “Lion” so my question is does Apple usually offer free upgrade to new mac purchases (1-6 month window), or will I have to upgrade like ... (3 Comments)
10/17/10
Just received my Apple TV (2nd G) and everything works fine. Only does it NOT show the movie posters in my iTunes movie library, but a screenshot from the movie. Hope you can repeat the error at your end, and that you might have a fix? —– Peter Juul Kristensen ... (1 Comment)
10/16/10
Does anyone know of any free PDF editors or programs that can be used to write on or fill out PDF forms, such as adding text from using text boxes etc. I am trying to fill out job applications, being unemployed, that I found online in the form of PDFs and would rather input the ... (1 Comment)
10/16/10
I am a wood woodworker and I’m trying to build an index of all the jigs,tricks,ideas and plans that are published in 3 woodworking magazines that I read. The index will be by category such as Table saw jigs, band saw jigs, router table and also plans and more…. Does ... (2 Comments)
10/16/10
I plugged in my external HDD 1TB Western Digital and it has 2 partitions – only one is showing in Finder. Both are however showing on the desktop. Any advice? —– Dhruv ... (1 Comment)
10/16/10
How to convert songs to 128 kbps aac that are already on the device??? —– cully ... (1 Comment)
10/15/10
I recently bought a H.P. printer and installed it on my computer. In my small office I have 2 employees which I have on my network and they also can use the printer. One of my employees has received an update from H.P. but I have not. We all Macbook Pros and of the 3 I have the ... (1 Comment)
10/15/10
do people like MacBook Decals on their MBP? I saw some at www.AppleOC.com and think they are cool … any advice out there? —– facepuppet ... (1 Comment)
10/15/10
Gary can you explain to me if their is any harm running Windows with bootcamp on my with Windows 7. What is the bad and good. I have the new iMac with L7 processor with 8 GB of ram. —– Richard ... (4 Comments)
10/14/10
Does anyone know of any way I can make a note to myself on an email that I’ve received? i.e. “Call them back after Nov. 20th”. thx, Nina ... (1 Comment)