MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

10/7/10
Every time I open up iPhoto I receive the following message: “3 photos have been found in the iPhoto Library that were not imported. Would you like to import them?” If I choose no, a new folder is created in my pictures folder “iPhoto Recovered Photos” ... (5 Comments)
10/7/10
Gary, I have an iPhone 4 w/ latest firmware, iTunes v10.0.1. I have serveral voice memos on the iPhone that seemingly won’t synch to iTunes. I have made sure the box, Include Voice Memos is checked under the music tab in iTunes. The memos play ok on the phone. I’m ... (10 Comments)
10/7/10
hi, i have an issue with an app in my iphone 4. i downloaded a free update fro fring which got stuk in waiting. it wont download the update . i tried syncing , did not help can you recommend a solution —– Aravindhan ... (8 Comments)
10/6/10
Hi, thanks in advance for the help… Can I add a hyperlink to either text or an image in a movie? Also, is it possible to add a sign-up form to the end of my movie? Like: Sign up for our mailing list?—– Brent ... (1 Comment)
10/6/10
I’ve had a problem with my iMac OS X 10.5.8. Maybe it’s not my Mac, I can’t tell. I have high-speed dial up internet connection. When I use Safari, Firefox or Google Chrome, and I google something and click on a link, it always re-directs me to a totally ... (3 Comments)
10/6/10
Good video editing software for my mac. I’m looking for to buy Final Cut Express or Adobe Premiere Elements 9.Which one is ease to use. I would love to have your advise. Thank you. —– Ebey ... (1 Comment)
10/6/10
iTunes has a box to check if you want it to be opened when you connect your iPad to the USB port. I have that box checked, but iTunes never opens automatically when I connect the iPad. What’s that all about? —– Shirl Parker ... (3 Comments)
10/6/10
I have a video I have taken of a performance (opera fwiw). It includes both spoken and sung parts. The sung parts are fine for the most part, but the spoken parts are too soft. Is there something like Levelator or some other filter that can be applied in iMove, GarageBand, or ... (3 Comments)
10/5/10
I’m a newbie at my Macbook Pro and I’m trying to figure out how to add an RSS News feed from a particular web site I frequent. I don’t want to get the RSS feed through email. Instead, I want to add the site to the “News” drop-down menu in the ... (1 Comment)
10/4/10
Hey Gary, when you burning to a disk in Mac OS X say like photos, which is the best or ideal Burn Speed? I am not familiar with all the details of burn speeds and there differences—– Michael ... (1 Comment)
10/4/10
I accidentally scanned some pictures in using jpeg 2000 instead of jpeg. I’m not happy with the results. What looked good on a 15 in screen doesn’t look good on a 21. That got me to looking at bmp, jpg, png, tiff articles on the web. What do you say is the best format ... (1 Comment)
10/4/10
I would like to uninstall Windows 7 from the Parallels program on my Mac. Then i want to uninstall Parallels so I can activate Bootcamp. What is the best way to do this? Is it ok to just uninstall Parallels and Windows 7 will be gone too? Also, what is your opinion of running ... (29 Comments)
10/3/10
I would like to learn how to create a postcard using pages — JIm Moses ... (5 Comments)
10/2/10
Gary, thank you for sharing your knowledge on everything apple! I recently became a member of a large group. I’m trying to export contacts from a CC field in apple mail into last import in apple address book, so I can then easily select all contacts from the last import ... (4 Comments)
10/2/10
Hi Gary, im searching for a laptop backpack that will hold my macbook pro 13inch, files and other electronics(camera, video cam and such) and i was wondering if you have any suggestions. — Carlos M ... (1 Comment)
10/2/10
I have a question, Gary: my wife and I have Mac, mine is a Macbook pro and hers is a Macbook. A few days ago I did a restore to my macbook and now my wife want me to do the same for her macbook, but we can not find her ” Snow Leopard DVD installer.” Can I use my ... (1 Comment)
10/2/10
I have time machine backing up to a partition on an external hard drive. While my mac is password protected the time machine back up has everything on and is accessible if lost or stolen. Is there a way of adding a password protect to the back up on the external drive? Thanks ... (1 Comment)
10/2/10
HI Gary I have seen your video a while ago on Making the MacMostNow video podcast. What software do you use to record the incoming audio from your lavalier microphone? Thanks, Gene — Gene ... (4 Comments)
10/1/10
Hi, I am new to the forum. I would like to know if you can put a slideshow in Web. I have tried to put a widget on my page but I am not able to stretch the widget at the size I would like to. Thank you ! — Tania ... (1 Comment)
10/1/10
Hey guys, could anyone recommend a good external harddrive in the format of 2,5”. I was looking at the western digital my passport and the LaCie rugged. I should have at least 500GB. Thanks — Alex ... (1 Comment)