MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

9/23/10
Thanks for the recent podcast on browser cookies. Might it be useful to follow that up with a podcast about Adobe Flash Cookies? That was recently discussed in the NYT’s Tech Talk podcast. Thanks again. — Glenn Downing ... (3 Comments)
9/23/10
Hi, My daughter has been using MSN on Windows. Recently I bought her a Macbook but there seems to be problem accessing MSN. She is in UK and using the university internet access. Her friends using Windows has no problem accessing MSN. Do you have a solution to ... (1 Comment)
9/23/10
Gary, How many devices can someone put on the Find My Phone feature if they buy a family pack of MobileMe? We’ve got two iPhones and an iPad. Thanks! — Michelle ... (1 Comment)
9/23/10
Hi, does anyone know how to transfer my itunes music play lists (from a PC) to a new Macbook pro? I have an iphone but that doesn’t seem to work. Many thanks Nat — Natalie ... (1 Comment)
9/23/10
Forgive my tech non-Savvy, but on the preinstalled iPad maps application how do I plot multiple locations/ addresses/ poi’s around a geographic area, or from a specified location ( like a prospective hotel)? ( for instance multiple addresses, across a number of ... (1 Comment)
9/22/10
Hi Gary can you add text files to an ipad from an sd card via an ipad camera connection kit as well as photos and the reverse — Pailie3660 ... (1 Comment)
9/22/10
Hi, I’m using parallels 6 on my macbook pro, it’s running windows xp that I installed using bootcamp. It seems to run ok, but occasionally I get an error message saying “unable to access hard disk 1, an error occurred when accessing the hard disk. Error ID: ... (4 Comments)
9/22/10
Hi Gary I thought that apple was going to add priting capabilities in the ios 4.1 update? — Paulie3660 ... (1 Comment)
9/22/10
Gary, can I use Back to my Mac from an iPad? Right now I’m considering to move to Mac, getting a more “portable” device than a Laptop PC, can I access my hard drive at home (If I get a Mac book or an iMac) from an iPad? If so, what do you think is the best idea, ... (2 Comments)
9/22/10
When I delete something off a flash drive, I simply drag and drop it into the trash. It seems to remove it from my flash drive, but in reality it doesn’t. The file is still present taking up space, it just doesn’t show up. If I empty the trash while the flash drive is ... (1 Comment)
9/21/10
Hi Gary, just want to know how to record my iPhone screen without pointing a camera at my phone in my hand. Is this possible? Same with my iPad — Will Galloway ... (5 Comments)
9/21/10
Recently with the last safari update I noticed all my bookmarks on my bookmark bar are gone. I had add them back and they keep disappearing what is going on??? HELP — Tony ... (1 Comment)
9/21/10
I would kindly ask if the current OS Snow leopard is reliable or still have bugs ? and is it better to use the previous OS ? Thanks — Nasser Jabi ... (1 Comment)
9/21/10
I partitioned my hard drive using bootcamp and I put windows 7 on my computer. Now whenever I start my computer it automatically wants to go to windows 7 by default. I have to hold down the option key to switch it to Mac OSX. I am using Snow Leopard as the Os for mac. How can I ... (2 Comments)
9/21/10
I was trying to drag the blue application folder to the dock to make it available to make stacks. Instead it started making copies of it self ( I do not know how many copies of the same files it made. ) for the dock. I stopped the copying process. However, I now had 223,000 ... (2 Comments)
9/21/10
Just wondering if anyone knows why all the icons on the left side of ITunes 10 (Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, etc. etc.) are all gray now. The entire interface is a flat gray, no life, no color. What the heck happened? — Johnny Gear ... (1 Comment)
9/20/10
I’m trying to copy a 7 minute hd project to youtube and the menu pops up saying not enough space. I have a 50 gig external drive with nothing else on it. so i don’t know if this means my harddrive or the youtube harddrive doesn’t have enough space. youtube says ... (1 Comment)
9/20/10
Is there a way to add titles with more than 2 lines? I want to type ( The Dedham Car show Presented by the antique car association of Boston) the title effect i used limited me to only 2 lines. How do i add more lines? Thanks Peter L — Peter Lelievre ... (3 Comments)
9/20/10
Is there a good equivalent to Photoshop for macs. I have a project for school and I am to edit an advertisement to make it more effective. I am to change the fonts, change background colors, etc to make it more appealing. I was wondering if there was a program for macs or a ... (1 Comment)
9/20/10
[In the iPhone Stocks app] Anglo American shares are (now) 2.553, yet the daily share price shows 11.5! In my wildest dreams ! The weekly chart shows steady decline yet the share price has risen all week however the weekly share price is correct at 2.553. monthly/ 3 monthly seems ... (2 Comments)