You know that you can use Spotlight as an app launcher. Hit Command+Space to activate Spotlight, then start typing the name of the app, then press Return when the app appears. You can usually stop short of typing the whole app name, such as “tex” to get to TextEdit. But did you know you can also use initials? Try gb for GarageBand, as for App Store, qt or qp for QuickTime Player, fc for Final Cut Pro, ft for FaceTime, and so on. Even works for third-party apps, such as gc for Google Chrome.
Welcome to MacMost
Free Weekly Newsletter
Want all of the new tutorials in your inbox? Sign up for the free weekly newsletter that includes tips, recommendations and news.
Online Courses at Udemy
Connect with MacMost
Free Downloadable Resources
- Free iPhone Ringtones Revisited
- A Beginner’s Guide To Whether To Shut Down or Sleep Your Mac
- Fade Out Background Music in iMovie
- View Movie Trailers Ad-Free From Apple
- A Beginner’s Guide to the Red, Yellow and Green Window Buttons
- Simple Animation In iMovie
- Use iCloud.com On an iPad or iPhone
- A Beginner’s Guide to TextEdit
Copyright © 2006-2019 CleverMedia, Inc. All Rights Reserved.