MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

1/22/16
I am trying to decide if I should let the battery on my macbook air run down or keep it plugged in. I am using El Capitan on a 2015 refurbished macbook air. —– Barry ... (1 Comment)
1/22/16
How do I delete email addresses from my email that I no longer use? —– Melba ... (3 Comments)
1/22/16
Is there a way to move audio books into iCloud Drive so that it can be accessed from an iPhone and 2 iPads. This would insure it remained in sync bookmark wise. —– Joe ... (1 Comment)
1/22/16
I prefer Classic View in the Apple Mail app without a preview showing at the bottom. Mail will often show a list of new emails but when I click on one to open it, there is no content. I quit the Mail app and reopen and the content is there to see. Just updated to 10.11.3 and it ... (1 Comment)
1/22/16
I used to be able to save articles to my Reading List to enjoy later and they would show up on all my devices; I-Mac, Macbook Air, I-Phone, and I-Pad. That’s not happening anymore despite the fact that I’m running the latest IOS and OS X operating systems. What ... (2 Comments)
1/22/16
I hope this isn’t outside the boundaries of what’s allowed in the forum, but I know what it was like for me personally switching to Mac back in 2001, having never used a Mac, having no Mac friends, and having only ever seen one Mac one time. It was quite an ... (3 Comments)
1/21/16
The old PC “Delete” key deletes text immediately forward. How do you do that on a MAC? —– John Anzevino ... (3 Comments)
1/21/16
Want to edit a dvd that I made ten years ago ( lost original film ) into iMovie IMAC 27 INCH LATE 2013 OSX EL CAPITAIN VERSION 10.11.2 —– Francis Conde ... (1 Comment)
1/21/16
Is El Captain completely stable now….especially in regard to me using LR CC. I use Yosemite on my 2013 macbook pro retina fully spec’d. Vheers for your advice Gary… —– Ray Norton ... (1 Comment)
1/21/16
JOURNALS was perfect photo edit/share program that Apple pulled after iOS 7…so until now, kept old iOS so I could continue using JOURNALS. Now have new iPad Pro w/IOS 9.2 and looking for solid photo share as similar features as possible…any ... (2 Comments)
1/21/16
I have my photos arranged in Events and want to back up the photos on a DVD arranged in the same Events format. How do I do this? —– Dick ... (1 Comment)
1/21/16
Can I delete my iPhoto app completely and maintain all my photos in the new Photo app? —– P. Bell ... (2 Comments)
1/21/16
It makes no sense to me to prevent a visual version of what you want your page to look like. The only place to see it in the new Numbers is by clicking on “print” – where you can’t make any changes. I have continued to use Numbers ’09 where I can ... (2 Comments)
1/21/16
If I start using photos will iphotos still be viable? —– Joanne Tumey ... (1 Comment)
1/21/16
In your opinion, is there anything better than DiskWarrior5 for what it does? —– Steve ... (3 Comments)
1/21/16
I upgraded my iCloud storage from the free 5GB to 50GB. I also did an update to all my devices (iPhone 5S, iPad Mini & iPad Air 2) to 9.2.1. I don’t know which one of these actions (or both) caused this, but when I went to My Music on all three iDevices, my 113 songs ... (1 Comment)
1/21/16
Do you know a easy way to put a list of text in alphabetical order? It could be an Applescript or any command. Thanks —– Ed Gilliam ... (2 Comments)
1/21/16
When using the keyboard that exists on my iPad, I can use the x to delete backwards. Is there any way to delete forwards? Also, sometime whole lines get erased and there are no Control Keys, so I can’t Control Z the erased information back on to my page. Suggestions? I ... (1 Comment)
1/21/16
Using OS 10.11 on a mid 2014 Macbook Pro. Not only is Safari extremely slow, it keeps crashing. It’s so bad that I’m using Chrome. I prefer Safari, but can’t use it. I keep sending reports to Apple, but apparently they are ignored. (not to mention I can’t ... (1 Comment)
10/17/13
I read Science News – when I remember – infrequently. They don’t have a monthly newsletter, i.e., a reminder… so I forget. I would like to create an “event” that opens a tab in Firefox every month on my MBP. Can Automator accomplish something ... (8 Comments)