MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

7/18/10
Dear all Hope that someone out there can help. I have an iweb site active on the apple server and able to be viewed online, but sadly my iweb app has be come coorupt and I have had to reinstall iweb from my disc. I would like to know if there is any way that I can some how carry ... (1 Comment)
7/18/10
Hey Gary my wife is doing a small photography business. Can you suggest of tell me where I can find and good bookkeeping software for the mac? — Michael ... (4 Comments)
7/18/10
i wanted to know if there is a way to use iphoto and to have most of my photos on an external hard drive and only a few on my laptop but still use the iphoto for both. and if not -is there a way to use iphoto only with photos that are stored on my external hard ... (4 Comments)
7/18/10
Hey Gary, I have 3 queries related to my Airport settings. Firstly, every time i click on the airport icon on the menu bar, it lists my broadband connection as well as that of my aunt upstairs. Can I remove her name from the list so that it doesn’t show up? Secondly, can i ... (1 Comment)
7/18/10
I watched the video podcast 424 convert text to spoken word audio. Can this be done with an PDF file if so how. — Raymond Dunkley ... (1 Comment)
7/17/10
Hi Gary, I want to buy a network hard drive but there are too many choices and mixed reviews of the products doesn’t really help at all. Is there any specific network hard drive you would recommend? The hard drive would have to allow me to connect an external hard drive ... (3 Comments)
7/17/10
I’ve recently figured out that you could put apps together on the iPhone but can’t figure out how to change the picture of the icon showing mini pictures of camera applications. I’d much rather have the icon showing a big camera. Does anyone know how to do ... (1 Comment)
7/16/10
How do you delete a photo libray from iphone? — veronica sobrevilla ... (1 Comment)
7/16/10
On my iPhone3GS with iOS3 to get syncing between my iPhone calendar and Google calendar I would add a Microsoft Exchange account on my iPhone, and that then synced all of my Google calendars: my primary and several secondary calendars. But with my iPhone4 with iOS4, when I added ... (1 Comment)
7/16/10
Hi Gary. Love your site. Very informative. 1st place I turn to for Mac info. Have you received any info on the battery drain situation regarding iPod and OS4 upgrade? I’ve experienced it, killing my battery in a matter of hours, and found a slew of others have ... (3 Comments)
7/15/10
Hey guys, Thought it better to post afresh than stick to replies… battery problem solved…can you suggest any way to find out why i see the spinning wheel so regularly now when I’m clicking here and there? I’ve always maintained at least 100gb of hard disk ... (1 Comment)
7/15/10
Since updating to iTunes 9.2 the program pops out of the applications folder, onto my dock, and self launches. Has anyone else had this happen. I’m running on an iMac, intel processor. It can get darn annoying. — eel ... (1 Comment)
7/15/10
I bought a macbook 13″ unibody in November last year and its battery count now stands at 197 full counts. Is that normal or abnormally high? Because I’m not sure, but it seems like the battery seems to be finishing sooner…I could be wrong because the system ... (10 Comments)
7/15/10
I posted an iPad problem I was having with the graphics from the first Google mail message that I opened repeating on all the other mail messages that I subsequently opened. I can’t find it posted in the forum, but the problem has been resolved, and I am giving you credit ...
7/15/10
Hi Gary: Was wondering if you have considered making the iPhone App work a bit different than it presently is. Let me explain: I just started using it a short while ago and whenever I click on a ‘news’ article that is referenced to a website it takes me out of your ... (3 Comments)
7/15/10
Hi Gary was using the iTunes store for movies and decided to click the genius tab to see what they recommended now icant seem to get out of genius I tried restarting the iPad tried going through the whole list to see if there was a tab at the end nothing what do you ... (1 Comment)
7/14/10
Hi Gary My downloads folder the used to sit next to the apps and documents foldrer is missing I don’t know what I did but how can I get it back? — Paulie3660 ... (2 Comments)
7/14/10
Long story but I now have two ITunes libraries. One on my Macbook HD and another on a secondary external drive. In preferences I have the external one set up so when connected the Mac sees it and loads stuff there. If I am not connected it sees the one in the Home folder and ... (1 Comment)
7/14/10
Hi Gary, In the latest MacBreak Weekly Episode they (Leo Laporte, Andy Ihnatko, Alex Lindsey) discussed whether or not Apple will opensource Mac OS X in the future or not… Of course, they also talked about other things concerning OS X. My question: Do you like the idea of ... (2 Comments)
7/14/10
I’ve recently re-watched your video “Do Macs need Anti-Virus software?”, and I’ve been reading up on malware for the Mac. Basically, malware that exists for OS X can only be installed by the user – by entering the admin account name and password, ... (2 Comments)