MacMost: Question and Answer Forum

The MacMost Question and Answer Forum is a place where you can ask how-to questions about your Mac, iPhone, iPad and other Apple products. MacMost specializes in tutorials, tips and techniques of the “how-to” variety, as opposed to “fix-it” questions that are more about something not working as expected.

Have a how-to question? Ask it here in the MacMost Forum.
Have a fix-it question? Here is where you can get some help.

7/4/10
Gary, is your Macmost.com switching to mac form windows book only available as hard copy or can I buy an ebook from some site? — Dhruv ... (1 Comment)
7/4/10
Gary Do you know whether iTunes encrypts the Apple ID and password when accessing the iTunes Store? I frequently have access only to unencrypted wireless networks (that are not under my control), and while it is obviously unsafe to access e-mail over such a network, is it safe to ... (3 Comments)
7/3/10
Hey, Does anyone know what’s wrong with the foll workflow to import songs into itunes and then delete original files (Itunes is already set to make it’s copy)? Get selected finder items Import into itunes move finder items to trash. It’s giving an error in ... (3 Comments)
7/3/10
In my old version of iMovie, I can detach audio and cut it separately from the video (e.g., when the video glitches, and I have to move the audio to make it match up again). In the newest version, that doesn’t seem possible. Would they really have gotten rid of such a ... (9 Comments)
7/3/10
Why didn’t the iPad come into the picture at all concerning OS 4? Does anyone know anything about it>?? — Professor Kayyos ... (1 Comment)
7/3/10
Gary is it okay to delete all my user preference files in my user preference folder. — Imacer ... (4 Comments)
7/2/10
is there a way with imac / macbook to create a custom alarm. for example, to have an alarm/message pop up every 2 hours with a specific reminder? — pat ... (4 Comments)
7/2/10
Gary On the new Iphone 4 is there a way to close all programs at one time that are in the multitasking area instead of one at a time. Thanks Dan — Daniel ... (3 Comments)
7/2/10
The following is my response I just sent to Apple regarding Apple’s email about reception problems: Your article may make sense to someone but not me. Previous to buying my 4G I had a 3G iPhone for 2 years. Even though the bars were low when I used my iPhone at my home I ...
7/2/10
hey everyone. i got an AEBS not too long ago, so far i love it. i hooked up a HDD to it using the USB port provided. I setup file sharing, use over WAN and unchecked broadcast over bonjour. I set up a password. I formated the drive to FAT32 and use the smb protocol to access it ... (4 Comments)
7/2/10
my daughters 2nd gen ipod touch volume is not working. when she increases it automatically decreases and the volume sign remains on the screen. she has the latest software update..help — gretchen ... (2 Comments)
7/1/10
I have an iPhone 3G and recently updated to OS4. I have synced my iphone with my Mac through iTunes for the last 2 years, it worked beautifully. But now the first sync I did with iTunes (after update) it duplicated all my calendar events and gave me 2 different groups in my ... (6 Comments)
7/1/10
I have a Mac as my main desktop running Snow Leopard 10.6.2 and I have a Windows laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium. I have NOT been able to get them to talk to each other on my home network. It is a wired and wireless network. I have an Airport Extreme Base as my Wireless ... (1 Comment)
7/1/10
Hi everyone, Often I have to highlight some text in a pdf file, then copy it, open a safari window, go to google, and paste the text, so that I perform a search. Is there any way to right click on the highlighted text, and in the menu provided, add an option “Search to ... (3 Comments)
7/1/10
Well everytime i put in a memory card iphoto opens up and im trying to have itunes open instead to take the video off of the memory card automaticly . any one know how to do this ? Thanks in advance — bryan bon ... (1 Comment)
7/1/10
Hi All, About 3 months back i bought the latest 21.5 inch iMac, every thing works fine except that it does not allow me to create a adhoc network ( computer-to-computer network ), i had been a windows user all my life therefore i am not sure if there is an alternative way to ... (1 Comment)
6/30/10
When are the new Nano 6th generation ipods coming out? Are they going to have a AM radio also? — Craig ... (1 Comment)
6/30/10
Hi Gary, I’m having trouble sending messages with my gmail account from my apple mail program. I’ve gone over my pop and smtp configuration settings on my iMac and checked my gmail web settings on safari. My wife is using gmail with her apple mail on her macbook, ... (5 Comments)
6/30/10
My husband updated his 3G iphone with iOS4 and is regretting it- it has become really slow. Is there away to downgrade the OS back to the earlier version? Thanks — Katherine ... (1 Comment)
6/30/10
Hello. I was wondering if there is anyway to have the ipad and iphone not reply to email with the | (pike) in front of the quoted text. I know netiquite but when you get a long chain going it makes it hard to read — Paul ... (3 Comments)